Wednesday, May 25, 2016

My Besties by Sherri Baldy Cards and Tutorial, DIY

My Besties Stamps by Sherri Baldy
Today I'm sharing a second card featuring My Besties stamps by Sherri Baldy.  I was introduced to My Besties a few years ago at the 2014 Winter CHA .  I was working in a vendor booth and Sherri was our neighbor for a week.  I was totally enchanted - with each charming character more darling than the next.  

Today I'm excited to get a chance to showcase my style.  I realize that each Bestie stamp is brimming with adorable details perfect for markers, colored pencils and ink.  That's probably how most of you are used to seeing these stamps.  Unfortunately I have no talent using markers so I do what I know - and that is paper piecing.  I shared my  process with you on my first card project using "My Besties" adorable stamps.   You can find that tutorial right  here as well as many close ups. 

See my Step-by-Step tutorial right here
 

This card was created using MYB-907 stamp set.  Isn't she darling?  As you can probably tell, I like to add dimension to my cards.   I gave her wings dimension by stamping two sets of winds onto vellum and added gold embossing powder to the wings.  I cut the wings out and layered to the body of the stamp.  

Little hidden secret...I glued a small piece of wood skewer under the vellum wings to keep them from being squished down.   You can't really see it in the photo above, but you can see a tiny bit in the photo below.  

I finished her off with some thin gold braid for a hair band and gold pearls.   Her flowers and the paper selection is from Prima Marketing ( Tales of You & Me collection), and the red floral berries are from my miscellaneous stash.  The red berries add richness. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  

2 comments:

  1. Wow, she is so sweet and sassy looking! Love the whole creation, and the 3D wings are wonderful! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful Bestie Jennifer! I'm not a "colorist" but I love paper piecing also :)

    ReplyDelete