Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Card Using Frank Garcia/Prima French Riviera

May Your Passion Your Art - May Kit from the Flying Unicorns
It's finally here...the May kit from the Flying Unicorns.  If you missed out on the kit ( it does sell out monthly and quite quickly too!) - then consider our  "never fail" option of pre-ordering on the 20th of every month.  

The wonderful amazing jammed packed kit.  Filled with Prima products, Prima's French Riviera Collection by Frank Garcia, and a heaping big box of coordinating embellishments. I love when my favorite kit is filled with wonderful papers from Frank Garcia. 

The coordinating embellishments from the Frank Garcia's French Riviera collection are spectacular so I created this soft vintage feeling card focused around the Prima French Riviera Chipboard that came in the kit. .  No special occasion.  Maybe even framed.  

The kit contained a sheet of Prima's Paintables that coordinated with the French Riviera collection.  The paintables paper is really think and lush-perfect for watercolors. 
I colored mine with Prima's Confections -Tropical, the new watercolors in a metal pan.  You can use any fun watercolor paint you want on the paintables- it all creates a gorgeous effect on the paintables paper.   I just like the vibrant colors of the Tropicals set of Confections. They are top quality and richly pigmented.  They may me tiny in size but they are robust in color and will last so much longer than other watercolors in plastic trays. 

I didn't want the final results of the card to be too vibrant, so I rubbed it down with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo to be more in line with the sweet chipboard piece I used from the French Riviera collection that came in the kit. 

The photo below shows the card in progress.  I sort of changed my mind in midstream as to how to finish embellishing the card.  You all know how that goes, right?  
I had some darling dies from Joy Craft - the sweet little scallop shell and starfish.  I cut them, and gently inked them.  

I topped the card with a gorgeous decorative Prima  French Riviera Brad.  









Time is precious.  I value the time you spent here.  Thanks so much for stopping.  I value your feedback. 
If you missed out on the kit ( it does sell out monthly and quite quickly too!) - then consider our  "never fail" option of pre-ordering on the 20th of every month.  
Products Used:

Wink of Stella - Clear Pen
Joy Crafts Dies - Under the Sea 6002-0329
Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Vintage Photo
Cheesecloth
Wink of Stella - Paint Pen

Spellbinders Die - Nestabilites Gold Labels Four Etched Dies


No comments:

Post a Comment