Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Seaside Card




I have such a passion for the ocean and anything that reminds me of an ocean get-away.   

Since I cannot go to the ocean, I decided to bring the ocean to me - along with it's peaceful, calming quality.  All the peace and tranquility of the beach without the sand in my shoes and without seagulls trying to snag my snacks.  

I made this card using the  May kit from the Flying Unicorns. It was packed with Prima's wonderful French Riviera collection created by Frank Garcia. The kit also included some sweet little metal charms with a nautical theme as well as the decorative brads from the French Riviera collection and the hemp twine.   Perfect for those finishing touches. 


I added a few embellishments of my own:  the sand dollar, the trim that looks like coral and  punched pine branches. The punched pine branches represent my version of seaweed. 

In the image below, you can see the dimension of the card.  It has a little dimension but is not super chunky.  


I really enjoy making cards that have a general purpose and can be used for any occasion.  This is also gender neutral so it works for sending cheer to anyone.    

Time is precious.  I value the time you spent here.  Thanks so much for stopping.

If you missed out on the Flying Unicorn kit for May,  ( it does sell out monthly and quite quickly too!) then consider the  "never fail" option of pre-ordering on the 20th of every month.  
Products Used:
Flying Unicorns May Kit for the Month - Your Passion Your Art
Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Vintage Photo
Prima French Riveria - 6x6 Paper Pack - 584405
Flying Unicorn Metal Adornments - Sea  Merchant collection
Hemp twine
chipboard sand dollar
McGill - branch punch

1 comment:

  1. Just so very beautiful! Thank you for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete