Thursday, May 12, 2016

Every Day Cards Featuring 2Crafty





Hello. 
I'm here today to share some cards I created through the month to feature 2Crafty Chipboard.   I have many events coming up this Spring where I'll be grabbing my cards.  

For my first purple card, I used 2Crafty "Frame Vintage Oval " fr0052 as the main decoration.  I kept the top treatment simple by embossing it in gold.  I thought gold would be a perfect combo for the rich purple.  


Behind the frame is an old piece of a book page.  The book is a junker from 1894 - so yeah it's super old.  While that may sound very cool, and it is, old book pages are more brittle than a thin piece of mica.  They actually do not make great embellishments and are not durable, unless a coating or sealant is added to them to preserve.  I  sprayed mine with a sealant.  I often over mine with a matte gel medium as well.  

If you scroll to the third card on my post, you'll see the very old book from which  I've been ripping pages.  Comes in handy as a photo prop too.  




This is the second card.  I do love the fun and delicate art deco frame I used here.  It absolutely needs no treatment applied to it.  It's superb as is.  

Here is the 2Crafty piece I used,  "Frame Artdeco" fr0091



The third card is rather simple and sort of plain but I really love the simplicity.  My husband requested a basic yet manly card for a musician friend having a difficult time.   I know that the 2Crafty "Card Word Circle Sentiments" are perfect to pop on any card and off you go.  

Cards do not need to be overly embellished to be appreciated.  I absolutely know that the gentleman appreciated the thought. 

Here is an image of "Card Word Circle Sentiments" - CAR054


I inked the "Card Word Circle Sentiments" and glued it to some patterned paper - then cut the paper out.  Yes, I glue it down first, then I cut around it.  I always use this technique when adding paper to the chipboard as a background.  I think this is the easiest and best way to assure perfection.  




Thanks for stopping by.  I encourage you to follow the creativity at 2Crafty.  




2 comments:

  1. Such a huge fan of your cards Jennifer! These are all stunning with the 2crafty products adding an elegant, dimensional touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards, Jen! They turned out so pretty and I love the manly card also. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete