Saturday, September 1, 2018

Home Sweet Home - Cards for a New Home


Welcome to September. 

I'm here to share my interpretation of the September Challenge for Creative Embellishments.   
Two relatives have recently moved into new homes.  These are cards to welcome them to their new place.  

Below is the image for September.  I love the rich colors and vintage appeal along with the sense of adventure and discovery.  Thus the twist to the challenge this month:  something discovered.   I discovered their new addresses.  Ok a stretch... but I'm using it.


The chipboard used on these pieces include Creative Embellishments - Keys,  Creative Embellishments - Stitched Border and Creative Embellishments - Filigree Corner Set 1.  Each piece used has been finished with a bit of embossing powder.

This is my first card designed for my sister.  She is discovering a lot of things in her new home: new neighborhood, new furniture, new places for belongings.   I want to be the first person to send her some fun mail...not bills or credit card solicitations.  

My paper choice is Stamperia's Roses & Laces collection.  





Chipboard doesn't need a lot of fuss to look extraordinary.  My pieces are dabbed with Clear Embossing Ink and lightly sprinkled with both  Stampendous - Frantage Aged Ivory Embossing Enamels  and Ranger Specialty Embossing Powder -  Verdigris.

A little is good to start with - then you can add more if desired.  But I did not go for full coverage.  


After the chipboard was finished, I added a piece of lace to the card and topped with the Creative Embellishments - Filigree Corner Set 1 as a base background for the key tag I made. 


One more close up look.  

Here is the second card.  This one is for my sweet niece and her husband.  They just purchased and moved into their first house.  What a special time in their lives.  

The discovery part of this card is Tons of FUN.  My niece gets to discover all the excitement of home ownership...the anxiety of debt with the joys and pride of having something to call your own. 

She is an artist so I opted for a card with some different artful touches than my first card. 

In addition to the Creative Embellishments - Keys,  I added the Stitched Border also embossed to match the style of the key. 



Where to Shop?
You can shop for all the Creative Embellishments chipboard and other amazing products right here.  

Thanks for stopping today. 

Product Summary:
 Creative Embellishments - Keys
 Creative Embellishments - Stitched Border
 Filigree Corner Set 1
 Creative Embellishments - Filigree Corner Set 1
 Clear Embossing Ink 
Stamperia's Roses & Laces collection
 Stampendous - Frantage Aged Ivory Embossing Enamels  
 Ranger Specialty Embossing Powder -  Verdigris

1 comment: