Monday, September 24, 2018

DIY Christmas Cards Using Stamps

JustRite Papercraft has released it's new Christmas stamp collection and I am enchanted.  

Now is the perfect time to start your DIY cards.  The summer has rounded to a close ( sob sob)  - school is in session.  This seems to be the time of year when we speed like a jetliner towards Christmas.  
Three blinks and it's Halloween,  Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve.

JustRite's stamps help make the DIY holiday card preparations easy.  
I have created two cards using some of the new releases paired with one of JustRite's beautiful medallion dies.  
The image above shows the two new Christmas stamp sets I used on the cards.  
Look at the adorable assortment of options  included in the  Christmas Elements Stamp Set.
So many possibilities. 


This is the first card created using an assortment of stamps to create clusters of festive holiday greens.  
The greens, pinecones and berries were all stamped with inks using the sweet stamps from JustRite Christmas Elements Clear Stamp .

After the inks were dry, I accented with Stickles Glitter Glue and Red Nuvo Crystal Drops .  There are a ton of perfect holiday images on this stamp set.
These are the inks  and Stickles I used: 



This is the second card I made using the fun new stamps from JustRite Papercraft 
I did use a stamping platform (MISTI Stamping Tool) to stamp the background.  I wanted to make sure I had complete and crisp coverage before I removed the stamp.  I am a giant fan of the platform  - which ever platform you choose - because it eliminates or at least majorly reduces stamping frustration.  It also cuts down on paper waste from half-stamped images, and helps me move through a project successfully and happily without frustration. 

Crafters craft to relieve stress,  right?    Tools like stamps, platforms, inks all help to make our hobby a happy and enjoyable one.  


How Did I create the Background?  
I had fun making this particular multi-colored dotted background.  

I stamped JustRite Dotted Lines Background Cling Stamp  using a stamping platform (MISTI Stamping Tool) as described above using a Clear Embossing Ink Pad  and three different colored embossing powders sprinkled on the card: 


How Did I create the Decorative Medallions?  

The medallions were created by stamping with Ranger Archival Ink by WendyVecchi - Leaf Green

Where to shop? 
You can shop for JustRite Papercraft's new Christmas releases as well as all their other gorgeous dies and products right here.


Product Links 
JustRite Christmas Elements Clear Stamp CR-05508
JustRite Dotted Lines Background Cling Stamp - CL-06008
JustRite Damask Flourish One Die -DIE-05069
Fine Gold Embossing Powder
Fine Antique Gold Embossing Powder
MISTI Stamping Tool
Clear Embossing Ink Pad
Ranger - Wendy Vecchi Geranium Red Embossing Powder
Ranger - Wendy Vecchi Leaf Green Embossing Powder
Stickles Glitter Glue - Lime Green
Stickles Glitter Glue - Crystal
Stickles Glitter Glue - Platinum
Nuvo Crystal Drops - Red Berry
Ranger Archival Ink by WendyVecchi - Leaf Green
Ranger Archival Ink by Wendy Vecchi - Red Geranium 
Hero Arts Green Apple Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment