Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Prima Valentine's Wood Foil Card


Prima Wood Foil Embellishments
( You can see the Prima post here)

I wanted to create a card that reminded me of a fancy box of chocolates - perhaps one from a vintage era, with rich reds and golds.  The foil wood embellishments were perfect for the look I was trying to achieve.

The wood has a warm tone with a bit of finish on it.  The gold just radiates on the embellishments.    Ahhhh - you know how photos are - they never do the piece justice. 

I rolled a few rosebuds to compliment the greens/chartreuse of the Prima flowers.

The burlap heart in the background?  Well, that was a gift from my friend and crafter,  Lisa Swift.  She had a scrapping day at her house with some other local scrappers  and she handed us each a gift bag.  This was in it - perfect for my card. 


Thanks for looking.    I appreciate you.


Prima Products:
579746 Prima Wood Icons With Foil
570514 Prima Cling Stamps - Stitches
580568 Prima Bella Rouge Collection - Flowers Emiline
580520 Prima Bella Rouge Collection - Flowers Daisi
579357 Prima Bella Rouge Crystals
578992 Prima Bella Rouge Collection - Journal Cards

Other Products:
Ribbon
Red Cardstock
Burlap Heart



4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Jen just Gorgeous, Got to ge tme some of those wood foils! for sure!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this. The wood foil embellishment is awesome. I pinned. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/415386765606929106/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderful. I totally see the 'retro' Valentine's candy box. The new wood foils look great and I love the burlap heart your friend gave you.

    ReplyDelete