Saturday, April 24, 2021

Bright Watercolor Slimline Cards - Spellbinders Stamp of the Mont and Large Die of the Month


Slimline Cards  Using Spellbinders Monthly Club Kits

Did you know Spellbinders has a Stamp of the Month club?  
.Spellbinders Clear Stamp of the Month Club for April 2021 is unique because it provide opportunities to create traditional sized cards or venture off to the world of the slimline card, especially when paired with Spellbinders Large Die of the Month for April.  

I created two cards demonstrating the options available with the stamp set.  

Clear Stamp of the Month ClubLarge Die of the Month Membership
My cards were created using smooth surface watercolor paper.  I do not prefer stamping on paper that has any texture because I cannot get the images crisp.  

The first card is more of an autumn themed card, but can be modified to be any season by changing the colors used.  
Note: I repeated the stamp pattern to follow the slimline die.
Additional Information


These pencils are amazing.  The set has an array of colors that capture most every color I need.  The pigmentation is rich and blends so wonderfully.  I do use a paint brush for blending.  I have yet to find a water brush pen that I like.  

  Journey Color Splash Watercolor PencilsBlack Licorice True Color Fusion Ink Pad

Here is the second card - a birthday theme.  I repeated the stamp here as well to follow the flow of the slimline die.  I did use a stamping platform and blending brushes on these cards.  I am a giant fan of stamping platforms to achieve a perfect image.  There are many platforms on the market but I remain a devoted MISTI (Most Incredible Stamp Tool Invented) person.  

I colored the candles with Spellbinders / Fun Stampers Journey Color Splash Watercolor Pencils and matched the Distress Inks used on the dies.  Scroll down and I will show you the Distress inks used here.  

Memory MISTI 12 x 12 - Most Incredible Stamp Tool InventedPicket Fence Studios - Tools - Life Changing Blender Brush Set

Here are some other cards created using the same amazing combo:  



Remember,  Spellbinders monthly club dies are uniquely designed for Spellbinders and only found in their store.   


1 comment: