Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Patriotic USA Wood Home Decor ( Shaker Art)

 

Freedom isn't Free.  I am thankful for the brave patriots (past and present) working to keep America free.

Creative Embellishments has some amazing products with patriotic themed designs to celebrate all things patriotic, from shakers to stamps, home decor, chipboard and stencils. My project today features the wood home decor USA shape, flag shaker and some chipboard shapes to accent the piece.

Today  I am featuring a home decor piece celebrating freedom using:   United States - Wood Home Decor


In addition to the wood home decor piece, here are the chipboard accent pieces used:  

 


This decor piece is going on my front door.  To protect the unfinished wood piece from sun fading,  I sprayed the piece with a coat of clear shellac to seal the wood.  As you can see, the wood Creative Embellishments uses is clean and unblemished, ready to use.

 

The sentiment, Freedom Isn't Free,  and the Creative Embellishments chipboard  Star Pieces were also kept simple and painted with vanilla acrylic paint.  

Let's Talk About the Shaker

 The flag is a classic iconic design for any patriotic crafty project but a  Flag Shaker  brings this to a whole new level of crazy decor fun (for me at least - smiling at my craft table because I enjoy the process.)  

The shaker pieces were painted using acrylic paints. The shaker was filled with fun shaker mix from Buttons Galore called DooDadz.  Great shaker mix makes the shaker all the more fabulous.  I like adding shakers to home decor projects because they add a unique, interactive element that is not typical of wall art.  

Here is the mix used today:   Buttons Galore - Doo Dadz - Yankee Doodle DD110





1 comment: