Saturday, August 1, 2020

Sun Sand Surf - Nautical Themed Wall Decor Using Chipboard

Today I'm sharing my take on the August Challenge at Creative Embellishments.  Yes August already but while the summer is flying by, the start of a new month brings the start of a new challenge at Creative Embellishments.  


I created a wall hanging/door hanging leading the way to the peaceful respite of sun, sand and surf. My chipboard pieces are: Creative Embellishments - Beach Word Set 1Creative Embellishments - Starfish And Sand DollarsCreative Embellishments - Lighthouse Set Of 4.  

The special twist this month is to add a scalloped pattern.  My scalloping was created using a stencil and molding paste.  




The image below shows the chipboard pieces featured on this project.  Each piece of chipboard was gently dabbed with white acrylic paint on a sea sponge - keeping treatments super simple.  For this project, less is best.  


A little about the stencil used

The stencil is from The Crafter's Workshop - 6 x 6  Wave combined with The Crafters Workshop Light and Fluffy Modeling Paste.  It's a beautiful stencil and I think I'll be enjoying it for a long time.  

The Crafter's Workshop - 6 x 6 Doodling Templates - Wave
I added a very inconsistent mixture of white and light blue acrylic paint to the modeling paste for a frothy feel.  I also added white highlights to the stenciling after it was dry to make some of the ocean froth be more.....well.....frothier.   

Thanks and Happy crafting.  Don't forget to be bold and join the CE challenge this month.  We are a "judge free" kind group and value your creative imagination.  



No comments:

Post a Comment