Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Enjoy the Little Things - Fruity Margarita Shaker Card

Celebrate the Little Things - Shaker Card 

Today is all about celebrating the little things - those little achievements that typically get overlooked. Somedays (actually most days) it's all we have. 

  Summer is a great time to enjoy a fruity celebration.  Whether you prefer a glass of sparkling water,  fruit juice or something with a bit more kick, I've got you covered.  Glam things up a bit by serving your preferred beverage in a special glass - something a bit fancy.  We are celebrating after all. 

I am presenting a fun margarita shaker glass from Creative Embellishments filled with the cutest shaker mix from Buttons Galore and More.   


The Shaker Mix
What makes a shaker card come to "life"?  The shaker mix of course.  I'm using some new mixes from Buttons Galore:  Sprinkletz - Fruit Cocktail  and   Polar Wind Doo Dadz.  The new Doo Dadz collection is unique and adds a touch of sparkle to my glass.

I separated the two shaker mixes by using the Polar Wind Doo Dadz on the bottom section of the glass.
The adorable fruity Sprinkletz make me smile.  Those orange slices - so fun. 
  

Repurposed Paper and Sentiment - From Baby to Cocktails
We recently had our first grandchild, a little girl,  and I wanted adorable paper for special baby cards. 
I purchased Doodlebug's - Bundle of Joy Collection  because the colors and patterns are joyful and make me smile.  

Repurposing supplies is a cool way to stretch your supplies and budget.  This is a great example of using paper collections for other than the intended purpose.  While the collection theme is the celebration of a baby girl, most of the patterns in this sweet Doodlebug collection lack any reference to babies.  Setting the baby theme aside, the colors actually remind me of a fun fruit salad - or how about a fun fruity summer drink?  Yep - that too. 

And that's how baby paper became my summer cocktail paper. Makes sense, right?  

Doodlebug Design - Bundle of Joy Collection - 6 x 6 Paper Pad

Circling back to the baby theme again.  The shower theme was baby animals and it so happened FSJ Fun Stampers Journey/ Spellbinders has a darling Baby Farm Animals Stamp Set.  How lucky am I! 
 
Today's economy favors those products that are versatile and can be repurposed.  
In the process of finding the perfect sentiment for my fun cocktail shaker card, I pulled this stamp set out again and used my all-time fav sentiment stamping ink,  Black Licorice True Color Fusion 
from Spellbinders/ Fun Stampers Journey.  

Do not overlook the sentiments on your stamp sets.  


Baby Farm Animals Stamp Set


This card features some other Spellbinders products as well. 
The decorative oval die is from Spellbinders Elegant Twist Collection by Becca Feeken. I love oval dies because they are so versatile and such a card making staple.  This die has added pizzaz.  

Once again, I'll tell you how much I love  Spellbinders Black Licorice True Color Fusion Ink Pad
for stamping sentiments and images.  My favorite ink for clarity and small details and doesn't bleed.  
Fav!

I have a few other products I need to mention because they have added such convenience to my shaker making crafty life.  These are products I love when using Creative Embellishments - Shaker Sets.   
Fav!

The Crystal Ninja CRYSTAL KATANA Mixed Media Pick Up Tool and Nuvo - Deluxe Adhesive for gluing the shaker layers together.  This dries crystal clear and has a super fine tip for apply small thin lines of adhesive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment