Monday, July 13, 2020

Summer Watermelon Shaker Card - Spellbinders Large Die of the Month




Summer Fun - Watermelon Shaker Card  - Spellbinders Large Die of the Month

When I think of the things I love about summer, watermelon tops the list.  Fresh, cold, sweet watermelon.  Today I am using Spellbinders Large Die of the Month, a versatile alpha die set, to create a card that captures my idea of summer. 

This alphabet set has big and thin letters which means you can fit a rather large word on a card quite easily - for more sentiment options all year round. 
Large Die of the Month Membership

As I mentioned, the Large Die of the Month is great all year long. Here's a sample of the versatility of the alpha die set. I used it to create a Christmas card with a simple sentiment.   
You can see the details for this card here: 
The border on this card was created using another Spellbinder's die - but just a piece of the die -  Spellbinders Richelieu Square Die - Flourished Fretwork by Becca Feeken.  I only used a portion of the square die to create my border. 
Shapeabilities Richelieu Square Etched Dies Flourished Fretwork by Becca Feeken


The Watermelon Shaker
The watermelon shaker is a new chipboard shaker design from Creative Embellishments. It's fun, fresh and completely summery.  I pained the shaker with basic acrylic paints ( I mixed red and pink to make the watermelon color).  Once it was completely dry, I filled in the seeds with a black Ultra Fine Point Sharpie  to make the seeds darker.   

Warning:   make sure the paint is dry or your marker will be ruined. 
Card Accents and Paper Selection




A bit about the shaker mixes and embellishments used on the card.  The green skin of the watermelon is filled with Buttons Galore Doo Dadz - Seasonal Pine.  
The white rind is filled with Polar Wind Doo Dadz.
The watermelon fruit section is filled with Buttons Galore - Heartfelt Shimmerz.  

While the Doo Dadz make great shaker mixes, they are also gorgeous as project accents to bedazzle your cards, mixed media, layouts and anything you can imagine. I used the green Seasonal Pine Doo Dadz and heart sequins from the Heartfelt Shimmerz to jazz up the alpha dies.
  
   Buttons Galore -Seasonal Pine Dd101

Buttons Galore -Polar Wind Dd102

Buttons Galore -Heartfelt






Spellbinders Extras

No comments:

Post a Comment