Saturday, August 18, 2018

Traditional and Festive DIY Christmas Cards


JustRite Papercraft has released it's new Christmas stamp collection and I am enchanted.  

Now is the perfect time to start your cards.  Folks, it doesn't get any better than this to start.  Time only speeds up from here.  

JustRite's stamps help make the holiday card preparations easy.  
I have created a traditional and festive card using the newly released JustRite Dotted Lines Background Cling Stamp  paired with one of JustRite's beautiful Damask Flourish One Die  .  

These are the two JustRite  products I used on this card:

  This card was amazingly easier and created more quickly than it looks.  
I embossed the background onto deep red cardstock using the JustRite Dotted Lines Background Cling Stamp with Clear Embossing Ink and Fine Gold Embossing Powder.

After the embossing is done, I started embellishing. 
That's quite simple too:  add some gold trim, cut a JustRite Damask Flourish Die  medallion from Gold Cardstock  .  

NOTE: I used the negative space from the die.  This is the paper leftover once the actual die cut shape has been removed.  In other words - the leftovers. 
I did use a stamping platform (MISTI Stamping Tool) to stamp the background.  I wanted to make sure I had complete and crisp coverage before I removed the stamp.  I am a giant fan of the platform  - whichever platform you choose - because it eliminates or at least cuts down on stamping frustration,  cuts down on paper waste from half-stamped images, and helps me move through a project successfully and happily without frustration. 

Crafters craft to relieve stress,  right?    Tools like stamps, platforms, inks all help to make our hobby a happy and enjoyable one.  

 Where to shop? 
You can shop for JustRite Papercraft's new Christmas releases as well as all their other gorgeous dies and products right here.  





JustRite Dotted Lines Background Cling Stamp - CL-06008
JustRite Damask Flourish One Die -DIE-05069
MISTI Stamping Tool
Clear Embossing Ink
Fine Gold Embossing Powder
Tonic Studios Mirror Cardstock - Satin Honey Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment