Friday, August 10, 2018

Snowflakes and Snowmen - Bright Blue Winter -Christmas DIY Stamped Cards


Snowflakes and Snowmen - Bright Blue Winter -Christmas DIY Stamped Cards
I have a love/hate relationship with winter.  I love winter themed projects, stamps, cards and home decor.  I dislike the cold and actual snow that comes with the season.  
I also have a thing about snowmen.  I adore them.  

So when JustRite came out with some new winter/Christmas themed stamps, I was overjoyed. Time to get my winter hat on - figuratively speaking because I dread how quickly I will actually have to wear my winter hat.

Scroll down the page and I'll share my techniques and tips for these DIY cards. 

I created two winter (Christmas/ Holiday) cards using the new releases from JustRite.   The cards I present today feature two new stamp sets shown above.
JustRite Snowflake Cling Background Stamp - CL-06007

The First Card
I mentioned already that I adore snowmen.  I just love the little buggers and was thrilled that the JustRite - Winter Is Here Clear Stamp  has the sweetest little snowman stamp.  
I stamped him and popped him  atop the JustRite Joy Oval Frame Die.

I made the cold frosty snowflake background from some Distress Inks and the newly released  JustRite Snowflake Cling Background Stamp

These are the inks I used:


The backgrounds of my cards were made using Specialty Stamping Paper for Inks  blended with

Why did I choose to use the Specialty Stamping paper?  It has a bit of a glossy sheen to it enabling the Distress inks to blend nicely, in my opinion.  The inks do not soak into the paper - which allows for the blending.  
 If I had used cardstock, I think the inks would have been chunkier, less blended and even a bit muted in color.   The ink soaks right into cardstock preventing the surface of the paper to be "workable". 

I also really love the Finger Tip Sponge Daubers because they enable me to isolate smaller sections of the paper to add color.  Sometimes i feel like the larger blending tools cover too large an area for my intentions.  


The Stamping and Embossing DIY tips
I'm going to talk a bit about the stamping and embossing I did on both cards and provide some DIY tips for successful stamping and embossing.  

Embossing the Snowflake background and Snowman:  After I inked the  background to my satisfaction, I applied clear embossing ink to the  JustRite Snowflake Cling Background Stamp and coated the embossing ink with Super Fine White Embossing Power - then heat set.  The super fine white embossing adds a tiny bit of texture and gloss to the snowflakes. The look is different than just a stamped image. 

I used a clear embossing ink pad and not clear embossing liquid from a roll on bottle.  I tried the roll on and I had less success in getting a crisp,  clean stamped image.  Thus my recommendation is to use a pad.  

NOTE:  I did use a MISTI Stamping Tool when stamping the snowflake background. I am a giant fan of using a stamping tool or platform for precision and to make sure the entire image transfers to your project.   


The snowman was made by stamping and embossing as well.  He rests atop the 


The Second Card

Here is the second card.  This is simple with a pretty white bow added.  The card also has silver gem stones added to the middle of each snowflake.  

The photo shows the silver gemstones in the center of the snowflakes adding a touch of sparkle.  


Where to shop? 
You can shop for all the dies and stamps from JustRite here
Thanks for stopping here. 


Here is a summary of the products I used - with links to help you shop
JustRite - Winter Is Here Clear Stamp CR05509

No comments:

Post a Comment