Friday, June 8, 2018

DIY Snowman Snow Globe Shaker Card - Tips and Video

Summer is finally here and I'm still making snowmen?  Am I crazy?  
Yes - I certainly am - crazy for this die from Spellbinders.  

I have been playing around and experimenting with Spellbinders Elegant 3D Vignettes (dimensional dies) by Becca Feeken.  This particular die is called Grand Dome.  

I created my version of an adorable snowman snow globe card. 
I've been waiting for summer to make an appearance - but I really do love snowmen and snow globes.   Extra fun bonus when I'm making a shaker card. 

Here are the two Spellbinders dies I used for this DIY Snowman Snow Globe Shaker Card:

Here are the papers I used from the Vintage Winter collection by Maja Design:
Hej-mitt-vinterland 
Fun in the Snow
Winter Joy



The snow globe was created using the cool die from Spellbinders and Becca Feeken - Grand Dome .
The snowman is also a Spellbinders die -  Snowman Builder -  Small Die of the Month Club.

The Spellbinders Elegant 3D Dies by Becca Feeken were designed to help create unique dimensional cards and projects.  This means there are many layers - like a "sandwich".

Quick Video

Here is a quick 30 second video showing the snow globe shaker card in motion. 
I just love making shaker cards. 


Below is a photo of the shaker card "sandwich" needed to make this card.
The die has many pieces - meaning many layers to assemble in order to create the dimensional look.  
My snowballs are actually little foam balls.   They work perfectly here. 

I wanted the snow to shake and fall around the snowman and be a bit more dimensional. 
In order to do that, I have provided my "sandwich" - describing the way I created the layers.  
You can see a close up of the layers in the image below.  

I cut the sweet snowman from the Maja Design Vintage Winter collection and glued him to the side of the shaker snow globe.  


On the second side of the shaker card, I cut the image of the little boy throwing snowballs from the Maja Design paper.   Perfect for my card. 



Thanks for stopping here to see my winter creation.  Now back to Summer....

Here is a link to another dmensional card I made using the Grand Dome -Elegant 3D Dies by Becca Feeken Grand Dome die.   You can see the details of this project here. 
Click here for the link. 


Thanks to Spellbinders also, for selecting me to be a Spellblogger.


Where to shop? 
You can shop for all your Spellbinders dies right here .
You can click here for the Amazing Paper Grace Collection (which includes the Elegant 3D Vignettes collection).
You can find Becca Feeken's dies here .
You can shop for Maja Design papers here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment