Sunday, January 3, 2016

Christmas as Kids



Christmas as Kids- with the Flying Unicorns
This page was created using the January Kit for the Flying Unicorns, "Your Passion Your Art" as well as flowers from the january Flying Unicorns Mixed Passion flower add-on.  This month, the papers are from 13Arts - Secret Letters Collection. 

Little bit about the photo.  I pulled this particular photo out because it's darling of course, but also because I am pulling the red from my sister's beautiful 1960's fancy party dress.  I joke of course, however I am betting everyone thought we looked just "swell" back then. 
If my sister is in red, then I'm the crazy gal in dark green, along with my older and younger brothers. 


Back to the layout. I thought I'd pair  the collection with some gorgeous new chipboard pieces from 2Crafty.   I used 2Crafty  "St Nick's Snowflakes",  "Word Circles Christmas", "Holly Twig Branches".
Is Chipboard Difficult to use?
Chipboard is like really heavy, hard, cardboard.  That's the best way I can describe it.  It's very easy to use and glues easily to projects.  For those concerned about keeping layouts and cards flat for easy shipping, no problem.   They are wafer thin.   

Chipboard can be treated/altered with countless products - paint, ink, embossing, rub-ons.  BUT they are also perfectly head-turning left alone or kept simple.  In the photo below, I left  the ""Word Circles Christmas" totally plain and unfinished while I coated the "Holly Twig Branches" with white embossing enamel.

This is just how beautiful clustering is when you add some 2Crafty chipboard.  You can find a variety of 2Crafty chipboard right here





Here are the basics to how I created this page
These are my layers - created from layers of 13Arts papers from the Flying Unicorn January kit of the month , "Your Passion Your Art".    I also added some sentiment stickers from 13Arts Secret Letters collection as well from the main kit ( found here).  These are very cool sentiments printed on clear acetate.  They transfer to a page or card quite well. 
Next I added some stenciling with 13Arts Beautiful Notes stencil (from the main kit found here)  and 13Arts White Modeling Paste


I added Prima Color Bloom " Frost" mist to the Prima leaves from the  flowers. 

This is how I coated the 2Crafty  "St Nick's Snowflakes" and "Holly Twig Branches". Not complex and yet the design is totally eye-catching. 

Here are some more close ups.  


You can find your Flying Unicorn Kits right here.  You can find 2Crafty chippies here.  
Don't despair if the kit is sold out.  You can pre-order the next kit starting the 20th of each month.  Details right here



Flying Unicorn January kit of the month , "Your Passion Your Art"
Flying Unicorns January - Mixed Passion Flower add-on
13Arts paper collection - Secret Letters ( Jan main kit)
13Arts Acetate Sentiments Stickers ( Jan Main kit)
13Arts White Modeling Paste
Prima Fabric Leaves - Royal Menagerie collection ( Jan Mixed Passion add-on)
Petaloo - Botanica Collection flowers in Pink ( Jan Mixed Passion add-on)
White Embossing Powder - Extra Fine
Prima Color Bloom - Frost
Small Bead Tray
Stampendous Embossing Liquid
2Crafty chipboard pieces "St Nick's Snowflakes" ( find 2Crafty here)
2Crafty chipboard pieces"Word Circles Christmas" ( find 2Crafty here)
2Crafty chipboard pieces "Holly Twig Branches" ( find 2Crafty here)
Floral Berries
13 Arts - White gesso
Lace

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Jenni it is so gorgeous!!! love it!!! Happy New Year!!! xo

    ReplyDelete