Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Prima BAP - Build A Page June 2014






Prima Marketing's Build a Page Challenge 

Each month Prima Marketing holds a sketch challenge, called Build a Page.  Papercrafters lovingly call it BAP.  We love our acronyms.  


Build a Page for Prima by Marie Nicolas Alliot


I had fun with this bold design.  My work is not usually bold so my challenge was to transform the bold into soft and delicate using the new Prima dies.   Who says paper crafting doesn't make the mind strong?

I also  had father's day in mind so I created something centered around my dad.  My dad is a woodworker so it was fitting I use something wood on the page.  My dad is a lot of things actually.  He is a fix-it man and grandpa who adores his little ones.  

Someone asked why the doilies on his layout?  As my dad moves on in wisdom, he is getting more sensitive.  Not in a hyper-sensitive way, but more of a gentle caring soul.  

And the wood gears represent so many things on this page.  He can fix darn near anything.  I remember him getting under the family autos and ripping out, fiddling around and replacing.  BAM done. 
His mind is also in motion on problems and "how-to's" solving some kind of crisis in the home or such.  





Thanks for stopping.   Join the BAP here.

Prima Supplies:
572785 Prima Metal Dies
813765 Prima Stationer's Desk - Roses are Red paper
813772  Prima Stationer's Desk  -Love Letter paper
572921 Prima Wood ATC - Good Time Set
569877 Prima Wood Embellishments - All Star
814038 Prima Clear Stamp - Time Traveler
890940 Prima Ingvild Bolme Distressing Tool

Other :
gesso
embossing ink and powder

No comments:

Post a Comment