Friday, April 19, 2013

Playing Dress up - with the Blue Fern Studios


Today I am dressing up some Blue Fern Studios chipboard.

Blue Fern Studios is new to the chipboard world and creating quite a stir indeed.  They are ornate and elegant and unique in design.   You can find them at a number of on-line stores - click here for the store list.

Playing Dress Up
This first layout is just dressing up the gorgeous ornate Blue Fern Sweetheart Dressform.  I painted it with some pale yellow acrylic paint and adorned it with gold tulle.  I wanted to emulate the tulle or georgette dress in the vintage photo ( from Magic Moonlight Free Images).


Sweetheart Dressform Model 074574



I topped the neckline with  Stickles glitter glue in paprika to match my papers. .


Here are some of the simple flowers I made to look like the simple flowers in the patterned paper. 



Our Special Day
This is my next piece featuring a few different pieces of Blue Fern.

I used the Heart Set, which is so elegant and exquisite.  They can easily be tucked into clusters or featured on their own.  They can be layered or stand strong as individual pieces.  


There are the Blue Fern Studios pieces I used:
Heart Set Model: 074417
 Valentine Cupids Model: 074769


I painted my chipboard with gesso to prime them.  They don't need priming, but I wanted them light because I was going to be painting them with a pale pink.  A nice basecoat of  white creates a clean finished look for what I was trying to present.

I then painted the hearts with light pink acrylic.  After they dried, I dabbed here and there with Ranger Clear Rock Candy paint and sprinkled with micro beads while the paint was wet.  I also used some lace to back one of the hearts. 


This beautiful ornate heart has a little white acrylic dabbed here and there to soften a bit. The design is just so striking.   You can see how the gold leaf wax ( Rub N Buff) just adds a little extra elegance to the heart. 


Here is my darling little Cupid of love. He is sitting top one of the Blue Fern Hearts.  This heart has lace on the front of it. 

The Cupid is covered in Stampendous Aged Enamel in Ivory.  It is great stuff and has chunks of gold in it to give a bumpy chunky texture when heated.  

You can  see the generous coating of Rub N Buff on the paper. Both heart and cupid have a little Rub N Buff on them also.


Thanks for stopping by today.  Stop by the Blue Fern Studios Blog or Like us on FaceBook.
Remember to visit your favorite on-line store to purchase some of these gorgeous chippies and start having fun with them.

Supplies:
Playing Dress Up:
Blue Fern Studios Sweetheart Dressform Model 074574
Websters Pages Park Drive - Box Lunch US1970D and My Town US1967D
Donna Salazar Mixd Media Inx - Schoolhouse/ Mossy
EK Success - 5 petal punch 2.5inch
Stickles Paprika
Martha Stewart Doily Lace Edge punch 
McGill - Starburst punch


Our Special Day:
Blue Fern Studios Valentine Cupids Model: 074769
Blue Fern Studios Heart Set Model: 074417
Bella d'Adore Damask
Ruby Rock-It Eklectique 200GSM
Stampabilities Le London Script Stamp
Gesso
Stampendous Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel/ heat gun
Prima Soprano Pink Flowers
Gold foil doily/ laces/ micro beads
Rub N Buff
Ranger Clear Rock Candy paint



No comments:

Post a Comment