FabScraps Elegant Chic is NOW Available
The FabScraps team just announced that this much-awaited collection has finally reached the warehouse. Yeah for that joyful news because this is a peaceful beautiful collection. It has a beautiful soft pink and gray combination with an elegant appeal - thus the fitting name, "Elegant Chic"".
As I shopped in my basement for something to alter , I found a small plaque left over from some holiday. What does that tell you about my basement? That's correct - looks like a clearance section at a craft store, with much too much bargain junk. I tend to go to the stores when I see a 70%-80% off announcement. And if the magic number is ever 90%, well, my cart's going to get filled up.
I also wish I had snapped a "before" photo for you. Yikes - you'd know why it was on clearance.
This plaque is only 7.5in x7.5in and is wooden. It's small enough to comfortably alter without it being an overwhelming project. I decided to make the charming chipboard gate the focal point because it reminds me of a delightful old gate in an English Garden.
FabScraps has a unique coordinating die cut for this gate DC71010. The die cuts (MC71001A) come in a package with various choices so you can pick the look you would like to achieve. These die cut chipboard combos are innovative and exclusive to FabScraps.
The pink outside edge and the "welcome" word was cut from FabScraps Elegant Chic Collection –Flying Bird C71 006. I have to thank fellow Design Team member Maggi Harding for the cut word. I was lucky to be scrapping at her house on a girls weekend and she offered to cut it for me. Thanks Maggi! Her lovely work with FabScraps can be found here.
This angled photo shows that I used some dimensional foam tape to bump out the door section to the gate. I wanted to give the door some dimension instead of having it be flat on my project. I think it adds some charm to the piece.
You can see the entire set of detailed instructions for this project at the bottom of this post.
FabScraps – Elegant Chic – Welcome Plaque
For This Project You Will Need
- FabScraps Papers – Elegant Chic Collection –Flying Bird C71006 (12in x12in)
- FabScraps Papers – Elegant Chic Collection - Shabby Flowers C71005
- FabScraps Papers – Elegant Chic Collection - Pink Elegance C71001 (6in x6in)
- FabScraps Papers – Elegant Chic Collection –chipboard gate DC71010
- FabScraps Papers – Elegant Chic Collection – Journal Dies MC71001A
- White Cardstock (12in x12in)
- lace and trim
- Stencil and molding paste (Tim Holtz Stencil - Doily THS018)
- flowers and leaves - Prima Rodanthe Neptune 577780, Prima Audrey 571603
- leaves die /punch - pine branch die/punch ( Sizzix Branch with Leaves Die 666367) (McGill - Pine Branch punch)
- Pink card stock ( small piece)
- Embossing powder in antique gold / embossing ink and heat gun
- Edge punch
- Pearly dimensional glue/paint – or glitter glue
- Cardboard or dimensional tape/dots
- Inks - Clearsnap Mixed Media Inx - Berries, Pewter, Peaches
Prima Flowers Audrey 571603
1. Background Plaque Preparation:
2. Cover a wall plaque with white cardstock.
3. Cut an outside frame for the plaque from FabScraps Elegant Chic Collection –Flying Bird C71 006
4. Add decorative background stencil to the plaque with molding paste and let dry.
5. Lightly ink the molding paste stenciled area for accent.
6. Cover FabScraps Chipboard Elegant Chic Gate DC71010 with coordinating die cut of choice from FabScraps Elegant Chic Collection Journal Dies MC71001A. I did add some dimension tape to the door part of the gate to make it stand out dimensionally from the plaque. Glue ends of gate directly to plaque. The gate doors will stand higher than the ends.
7. Decorate with flowers as desired.
8. Using the same steps as above for the name plate part of the plaque: cover with white cardstock.
9. Punch decorative edges from FabScraps Elegant Chic Collection -Shabby Flowers C71005- Glue to top and bottom of name plate section.
10. Stencil, let dry and then ink lightly.
11. Add cut out word – “Welcome” from FabScraps Elegant Chic Collection –Flying Bird C71 006
12. Decorate with flowers.
13. Cut or punch leaves from FabScraps Elegant Chic Collection –Pink Elegance C71001 and add here and there as desired for additional clustering.
14. Add ribbon to the metal hanger and top with flowers.
15. Gently ink the outside edges of the entire plaque.