FabScraps - Gentleman's Club CollectionFabScraps new Gentleman's Club collection may have undertones of a masculine collection BUT added color pops can transform this collection from strong masculine to vintage warmth.
I used mists and a sponge to add my color - by spraying the Prima Color Bloom mists onto my craft mat and dabbing onto my page. You can spray into a bowl if you do not have a craft mat. By using a sponge, I can control the color better. Sure I could have sprayed the mist directly onto the paper BUT it may cover more that I want and be unevenly dispersed.
FabScraps also has some new stencils available. I used the Diamond DS008 but you can see all of them here.
I tucked in some lace that a friend send me. A special gift from Donna Stanek
I obtained the image from Magic Moonlight Free Images. These are old turn of the century postcards and images that now have no usage restrictions. This image happens to be from 1910. I played off the colors in this vintage image.
Come visit FabScraps new blog home here. Like them on FaceBook here
For This Project You Will Need
- FabScraps –Gentleman’s Club Collection –– Airships C66003 12x12 sheet
- FabScraps –– Gentleman’s Club Collection – Clock with hands Chipboard DC66013
- FabScraps – Gentleman’s Club Collection – Journal Book MC66001A
- FabScraps – Gentleman’s Club Collection – Gentleman’s Club C66004 (12inx12in)
- FabScraps – Gentleman’s Club Collection – Expedition paper C66001 (12inx12in)
- FabScraps -Stencil – DS008
- Circle punch
- Decorative stencil for edges (Prima 882105)
- Mist/inks in light pink and light aqua ( Prima Color Bloom Soft Teal, Peony and Cotton Candy)
- Butterflies ( I printed mine on cardstock) – stickers work great.
- Gold Embossing enamel and ink – heat gun
- Gold Trim and Lace
- Liquid pearls/glitter glue
- dark brown ink
1. Background Preparation:
2. Start with FabScraps Gentleman’s Club Collection – Gentleman’s Club paper C66004 as the base.
3. Using dark brown ink and a blending tool or sponge, ink the edges of the paper for distressed vintage look.
4. Add some stenciling with FabScraps Stencil DS008 and dark brown mist or ink. If you are using ink, then gently ink the stencil around the edges of the page. Using mist: spray mist onto craft mat. Dab a sponge in the mist and dab onto the stencil – in the same way you would use an ink pad.
5. Ink or mist the edges with light pink and aqua using the same techniques as above.
6. Punched Circle Photo Mat:
7. Cut the graphic circle from FabScraps Gentleman’s Club Collection – Airships paper C66003. Set aside
8. Cut a larger circle from FabScraps Gentleman’s Club Collection – Expedition paper C66001. Use a decorative punch or cutting system to make decorative edges on the circle.
9. Glue Airships graphic to Expedition paper so you have a layered circle as a mat for your photo.
10. Glue gold trim to the edge of the circle.
11. Add cardboard or foam dimensional tape to the back of the photo and glue to circle.
12. Chipboard Preparation
13. Cover the FabScraps Gentleman’s Club Collection – Clock with Hands chipboard DC66013 with embossing ink and gold powder. Set with heat gun.
14. Cut a small piece from the clock – maybe a third of the clock and glue the small piece to the top right corner of the circle.
15. Glue the large piece of chipboard clock to the bottom left of the circle.
16. Tuck lace trim under the circle mat and the chipboard.
17. Embellishing and Finishing Touches:
18. Add flowers as desired to the circle mat and to the lower left corner.
19. Add a piece of mesh trim to the floral cluster on the circle mat and top with a butterfly.
20. Tuck cheese cloth on the page as desired. I tucked some on the corner floral cluster.
21. Add butterflies as desired.