Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine Canvas - ZVA Creative


Happiest of Valentines Day to you!
For Valentines Day, I bring you bling from ZVA.   And what girl doesn't love bling on Valentines Day?  A perfect match for Valentines Day to make the crafty, scrappy heart sing!

This whole project had a mind of it's own.  I believe the little angel in the photo may have been orchestrating the piece from start to finish.  This  started as a canvas that I covered in aluminum foil, covered in gesso, layered in crackle moulding paste and then splashed with mists and inks and paints and stuff.  

The crackle moulding paste had a lovely effect when dried - but if you use this, you must be patient with the product and let it air dry to achieve the crackles you expect. 


I paired  the ZVA Creative crystals with elements from the Scraps of Elegance Feb Kit, Lovesong to make my canvas project.
I pulled the little Prima resin angel from the package and along came some of the blue packaging.  So I just went with it and stuck the blue packaging onto my piece.  Sweet little angel did not want to part with her heavenly blue background I guess.  Fine little darlin', I'll work it in somehow.  hehehe.  So with that, I ripped off even more packaging and glued elsewhere to my piece as seen in the photo below.  It all worked out because the Scraps Of Elegance kit came with some small blue flowers.  It all must have been meant to work out.

ZVA Products used:
ZVA CR-04CA-125 - Pleasure (Jet black) used in the bottom corner
ZVA CRW-05CB-119 Flourish Jet crystals used to accent the cupid.
ZVA Creative has a wonderful gallery with all the pieces from the Design Team.  I love browsing the Gallery for a blast of inspiration and a whole lot of dazzle.  When you have a moment, check it out.  You'll be  mesmerized like I was.  Click here for the grand gallery tour.


The lace covered piece is a clearance piece from Michaels Crafts that I picked up for 99 cents from the Bead Landing Night and Day collection.  ( I heard a choir of angels sing when I found this piece.)





Thanks for  taking time from your day to join me here.  Wishing you a day of love and sweetness and hopefully girly bling!

Join ZVA Creative on Facebook and on Pinterest!  Don't forget to join us with our monthly blog hop, Feb. 25th. 

Supplies:

• ZVA CR-04CA-125 - Pleasure Jet crystals
• ZVA CRW-05CB-119 Flourish Jet crystals 
• Bead Landing - Night and Day collection
• Chains - Industrial Chic by Susan Leneart Kazner -jewelry collection 
• Ranger Ink - Studio by Claudine Hellmuth - Gesso 
• Prima - Encore Collection - Paper Flower Embellishments - Turquoise 561352
• Prima - Resin Collection - Ingvild Bolme - Resin Embellishments - Eros 891428
• Prima - Interlude Collection - Flower Embellishments - Black and Gray 561437
• Clearsnap - Donna Salazar - Mix'd Media Inx - Black 
• Kaisercraft - Texture - Clear Acrylic Stamp - Flutter CS853
• Lindy's Stamp Gang - Starburst Spray - 2 Ounce Bottle - Ramblin' Rose Pink 
• Lindy's Stamp Gang - Starburst Spray - 2 Ounce Bottle - Bougainvillea Fuchsia 
• Moulding crackle paste, paper heart doily, floral berries

1 comment: