Monday, February 11, 2013

Inkido - Vintage Canvas

Today I present my first project for Inkido.  I am thrilled and excited to bring you a canvas using the new collection, Inkido Beautiful Memories Collection.    

This started off as a white canvas, but after adding a layer of gesso, and some ink around the edges, it started to take shape as the vintage style piece I had envisioned.  

I used the Inkido Beautiful Memories Collection, Beige Flowers paper as my inspiration for colors and style. 


It was really hard to pick with tag to use form the beautiful  Beige Flowers paper, because they are all so pretty.  

This is Beige Flowers.  Ahhhhh, so elegant.  
I accented with some mulberry flowers, Inkido cerise ( misted with red mist to really make it pop) and white, as well as some leaves from Inkido.  
Look at these gorgeous butterflies and borders?  This is the Butterflies  Borders.





I used the Metal Leaf in Copper and the Copper Metal Ornament and simply rubbed a little gold leaf wax over them to give them a nice rich golden glow to match my canvas topper.  I also wanted  to bring out the gold tones in the paper.  You can see the Metal Ornament is tucked under my floral cluster. 

The top of my canvas is an Christmas ornament I bought at clearance at a super great price.  It fits so nicely here on top.  

The metal pieces from Inkido are very versatile and can be tucked anywhere in a cluster or used as the focal point. 




Inkido  Products:
Inkido Beautiful Memories Collection - Beige Flowers
Inkido Beautiful Memories Collection -Butterflies Border
Inkido Mulberry Rose Medium White
Inkido Mulberry Rose - Large Red
Inkido Metal Ornament -Copper 1214
Inkido Metal Leaf Copper 7735
Canvas 4"x4"
Gesso
Rub N' Buff -gold leaf
Floral berry spray
Mixd Media Inx  - Peaches, Mossy. Vintage





4 comments:

  1. So beautiful!!! Love how flowers fit the picture)))) And the berries are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is stunning.. love the gold leaves...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So elegant and positively gorgeous! Your details are exceptional- as always! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! At first I thought it might be an ATC, but it was a canvas. You did a very beautiful job! I love the Vintage feel.

    Happy Crafting
    Tracie
    http://homeofthepurskey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete