Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Light House Canvas - DIY Home Decor with Creative Embellishments

 


Welcome to the ocean. The ocean is my happy place and I adore creating a variety of coastal projects to keep me as close as I can be to my favorite place.  

Creative Embellishments has a large selection coastal themed products to help with card making, home decor, traditional memory keeping,  scrapbooking, and any crafty idea you can imagine.

Today's feature is an easy  DIY home deco canvas made using Creative Embellishments Wooden Home Decor - Lighthouse and embellished with Creative Embellishments Seagull Set and Starfish and Sand Dollars


 


The wood wooden Home Decor - Lighthouse  piece is fairly large (4.2" wide and 12" tall ) so I selected an 8"x 10" canvas for the project.  The paper background is a sheet of patterned paper from Stamperia's Sea Land 12x12 collection. It's also the backing behind the wood light house.  

I think I am on my 4th reorder of this gorgeous collection.  

I used a sea sponge and dabbed the wood light house with white  and light blue acrylic paint - but did not cover the whole piece. I tried to achieve a weathered look - not full coverage.    Tip:  if you find you have "over painted", just take some sand paper to the wood and ruff it up a bit.  You'll get it back to sea worthy perfection in no time.  

 




1 comment:

  1. What a peaceful, immensely gorgeous work of home decor art. I was born a stone's throw from the Pacific Ocean and while I've not lived close to it for almost three decades now, the ocean will forever have a huge chunk of my heart as well (and I would happily return to its shores once more if the chance ever arose).

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete