Friday, October 19, 2018

Christmas is Coming


Have you started getting your Christmas card list together? 
I'm  here today to share my card for the holiday season featuring Maja Design papers.  

I am using two Maja Design collections that may surprise you: 
I Wish collection - I wish for a Holly Jolly Christmas
Vintage Summer Basics collection - 1905 ( A and B side of paper)


I love the rich dark chocolate color of the Vintage Summer Basics - 1905 sheet.  I used the "B" side of the paper and found a cool little section of the paper with some white distressing on the page to look like old wood on my sled.  Like an old - well used sled/toboggan. 

The wood panel (A side of paper) was great for the background on the card.  My idea of possibly an old barn look.  



I added some die cuts for decoration.  The sled had foam under it for dimension.  
The diecut wreath was created using different tones of green mixed with a white layer.  
I wrapped the layers of wreath diecuts together with Red bakers twine

The sledd I used is a die from Memory Box - Large Winter Sled.  99283
This die , Penny Black Sled die, works nicely too. 

The wreath die is : Cottage Cutz - Holly Wreath CCE-177


Finish the card with some holiday embellishments and it's starting to look like Christmas. 




Red bakers twine
Penny Black Sled die

1 comment: