Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Cards for Valentine's Day - Petaloo



Hello.  I'm here with you to share some Valentine's or "appreciation cards" with you.   I'm calling them "appreciation cards" because I  have an outdated and old fashioned way of thinking about Valentine's Day - as a day set aside for your true love.  However I have many loves in my life  which obviously include my husband but extend to family and good friends.  Many of these loves in my life need to be appreciated and thanked for the amazing goodness they share with me.  
Thus "appreciation cards" or my modern day Valentines.  

Since my post is about love and appreciation, my cards are not complete until they have been adorned with another love of mine - Petaloo flowers.   I have two cards to share and both have some beautiful flowers on them from the Petaloo Darjeeling collection
I hope you enjoy them.  


This first card is a simple design but the intention is quite clear.  It's obviously a card to show my love, but not overly gushy mushy love.  That I save for my husband, lucky man.  

I used Graphic 45's, Off to the Races collection for my cards.  You may think that's such an interesting choice for Valentine's Day, but the patterns and colors are so fabulous together  and work absolutely perfectly with my Petaloo flower choices.  

 In addition to the Graphic 45 paper, matching Graphic 45 chipboard from "Off to the Races", I've used the following Petaloo flowers:

I've also added a wonderful delicate heart chipboard piece from 2Crafty - the gorgeous delicate Lace Heart frame.  

This is the second card.  I'm sending it to my sister because she has the kindest heart and is such a helpful person who takes great care of my parents.  That certainly is a perfect reason to send a Valentine's appreciation card. 

The Petaloo Darleeling Dahlias Red looks wonderful paired with the Graphic 45 paper collection, "Off to the Races".  I have accented the red Petaloo Dahlia with some white pearl berries from Petaloo Spring Berry Cluster.  I also used the sweet hemp bow that comes with the Berry Cluster.  It's a perfect little topper. 

Here's an angled look at the card to show the dimension.   This card also has a chipboard piece from 2Crafty - the Elegant Heart.  

 You can find more Petaloo products listed here, and we invite you to join and LIKE us on Facebook right here.    You can find more Graphic 45 products right here.  

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget all the folks you love and appreciate this Valentine's Day.  They all deserve cards adorned with Petaloo!
Don't forget the new Petaloo collections will soon be available.   You can see  Magnolia sneaks here, Garden Roses here,  and adorable Glittered Bugs ( Butterflies and Dragonflies) right here


Petaloo Products Used:

Other Products:
Graphic 45 -Off to the Races 8x8 paper collection 4501459
Graphic 45 -Off to the Races chipboard 4501465
2Crafty Chipboard ( Elegant Heart m00473), ( Lace Heart Frame - fr0087)
ribbon
Martha Stewart edge punch
Stamping Up  - Thank you stamp

1 comment: