Wednesday, October 21, 2015

LemonCraft Santa Layout with Escape Kitty




I am the special guest at LemonCraft for October.  Yeah for that as I adore and love all things LemonCrafty.  So thank you LemonCraft for such a great opportunity to showcase your products in my style. You can find the first of two feature posts at LemonCraft right here.   

 This is my Santa layout.  I have mixed beautiful LemonCraft with some Prima flowers for a warm Christmas page.  The photo of Santa is my husband dressed up - being Santa's helper for the day while the "real" Santa delivers gifts.   He is holding my kitty, her name is Escape Kitty and she loves Christmas too.   Plus she also wanted to be featured at LemonCraft - sneaky little kitty - always looking for a way to slide on in somewhere. 

LemonCraft collections have nice assortments of ribbons that accompany the collection.  The Christmas Greetings collection is no different and that ribbon assortment is quite spectacular.  You can see the assortment here.  They have a vintage feel and are perfectly coordinated for the papers in the collection. 

I cut holly leaves from the LemonCraft Vintage Time Labels 3 page and tucked them around the flower cluster, which is predominantly Prima Victorian Christmas.     I also added a green Prima flower to the cluster to pull more green into the layout.  

These are the Prima Kindled Lush Flowers that have been enhanced a bit more using the Prima Color Bloom mist in Lime Wedge.  I needed them a bit more green - thus I sprayed them and popped them dry with my heat gun.   For some reason paper seems to hold up better when dampened and then dried with the heat gun.  I'm no chemist so I have no idea why that is, but I just know my paper seems to love that chemical process of adding heat and water to stiffen it up.  

My last little finishing touch embellishment is the 2Crafty chipboard Christmas word, "hohoho".  I left it the natural kraft color because it was perfect as is.  


OK gotta tell ya about the my husband the "stand in" Santa. 
bhaaaaaaaaa I look at Santa and I crack up every time. His frosty glasses???? not props. Galsses frost up upon transitioning from the bitter cold to the warm house. Santa Ken couldn't read the gift tags. and yet he could find the whiskey bottle on the table? hmmmm. so now you know why the real Santa also has his glasses pushed down his nose as well from necessity.




Thanks for stopping by!  You can see the whole blog post at LemonCraft right here.   You can purchase LemonCraft products right here at the Flying Unicorn

Products Used:
Grab all your Lemoncraft here
Grab your Christmas Greetings ( Wishes) here
LemonCraft Vintage Time Labels 3
LemonCraft Christmas Greetings Collection -  A Lot of Kindness P0074
LemonCraft Christmas Greetings Basis Paper Pad 12x12
LemonCraft  Christmas Greetings Collection Ribbons
Prima Flowers  - Victorian Christmas Collection -Poinsettia Kiss 583507
Prima Kindled Lush Flowers
Prima Lime Wedge color Bloom Mists ( for the flowers)
Lace Trim
Hemp Twine
2Crafty Christmas Mini Word Set 1 - get your 2Crafty Here

1 comment: