Monday, January 6, 2014

Prima Altered Frame


Metal Frames by Prima
(Here is the original post by Prima)

Prima's  new metal frames are funky and creative.  They can be altered to your hearts delight with a little paint and Prima style ingenuity.  I customize mine for my son using the Stationer's Desk collection.  This is a photo I took of him two years ago and maybe my favorite of him.  I am trying to capture as many moments of him as I can before he leaves for college soon.

Here is the frame before I altered it.


The frame is quite large maybe standing about 12 inches high and 6 inches wide.  It can fit a 6x4 photo.
I added some metal paint Verdigris and gesso to the edges, some stamping as well for a little graffiti feel.  In the photo, my son is standing in front of a graffiti wall so I tried to emulate the gritty feel here.

OK - so the flowers aren't so gritty.  But I love them just the same. A mamma's touch to soften her son.

I used many elements from Prima's new Stationer's Desk Collection and some very very cool embellishments from Invgild Blome's Junkyard findings that have been newly released.




This cool light bulbs by Invild Bolme are part of her newest collection.  I glued two of the together and hung them with Prima's new wire thread.  Sadly, my photos do not show the dimensional aspect of this but I just love it. 
Thanks for stopping by.  I am so very excited about the new collections by Prima and know you will be also.

Prima Supplies:
573713 Prima Altered  Metal Frame
813772 Prima Stationer's Desk collection -Love Letter paper
813802 Prima Stationer's Desk collection - Side Note
813703 Prima Stationer's Desk collection -chipboard
573096 Prima Stationer's Desk collection - paper clips
575441 Prima Stationer's Desk collection - Flowers
814069 Prima Stationer's Desk collection -6x4 ATC pad
573553 Prima Trim
892180 Prima Ingvild Bolme Junkyard Findings Ceiling Light Bulbs
892210 Prima Ingvild Bolme Junkyard Findings - Jeans Plates
573713 Prima Flowers Serenity
960902 Prima Finnabair Clear Stamp
569303 Prima Natural Bark Shapes - Stars
571931 Prima Flowers Florella
960346 Prima Finnabair Vintage Trinkets
569877 Prima Wood Embelishments
563042  Prima - Engraver Clear Stamp

Other Supplies:
Stazon Jet Black ink
Ranger Verdigris Paint - Patina
gesso
sandpaper
black twine
teal trim
cardboard
Stampendous Aged Gold embossing powder
Ranger Roll It Embossing Ink
Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder - Vintage Photo








3 comments: