Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Authentique Precious Collection - Baby Gift Ideas - and Guest Artist



 Today I am pleased as punch to be the guest designer for Authentique.   


Authentique's Precious Collection
They selected the Precious collection for me to play with and "do my thing".   In this case, my thing turned into some wonderful baby gifts for a boy and  a little girl.   The collection has this versatility as well so I thought I'd showcase both .  It is a vintage baby themed collection.  Very pretty and very soft.   Perfect for any baby occasion; shower, Christening, new born gift, or to use with those wonderful vintage photos that need a special showcasing.




I chose two "off the page" projects to create because  it seems that Authentique papers usually get me in the mood for altered projects.   Something about the fabulous color combinations and the graphics that compel me to grab Authentique paper and make something dimensional.  Besides, dimensional projects are my favorite to complete, so it is fitting that Authentique "speaks" to me this way.



My first project was four mini canvases.  The 5x5 canvases were in the clearance bin at a store for 25 cents each.  You bet I snagged a bunch!   I painted them a soothing antique white as my base to match the vintage appeal of the Precious papers.   

You can see each little canvas is decorated differently with little bits of  Blue Fern chipboard and lace, ribbon and tulle, flowers, wooden buttons and floral berries. 
Here is a close up of each canvas. 







My second project was a ton of fun to create.  This is a wooden box that had candy in it.  After my son ate the candy, I quickly snagged the box and stuck it on my scrap shelf.  OK to be truthful, I had dibs on the box even before my son finished the candy...who can blame me?   Can you tell I love a bargain and really love to repurpose items when ever I can? 

The box is perfectly sized for some baby shoes so this will be a cute little "welcome home baby" gift.  Just tuck the shoes inside and eliminate the need for paper gift wrap.  Man - if I never have to buy gift wrap again, I'd be really happy.  

The sweet Precious Elements stickers are wonderful accent pieces on top of my box. 







Please visit the blog here and say hi!    You can also LIKE them on Facebook


Supplies Baby Plaque:
Authentique Precious Collection 6x6 paper pad  PRE009
Authentique Precious Collection - Elements stickers PRE008
Prima Wood Buttons (heart button) 559281
Prima Marketing Flowers  -Lucerne Almanac
Prima Marketing Flowers Mini Sachet Pearl - 566036
Prima Marketing Lace - 544478
Prima Marketing Flowers  -574345
lace
Blue Fern -Chipboard Flourish
Blue Fern  -Chipboard
floral berries
edge punch
ink
5x5 canvas

Supplies Baby Box:
Authentique Precious Collection 6x6 paper pad PRE009
Authentique Precious Collection - Elements stickers PRE008
Authentique Precious Collection - Precious Boy Paper PRE005
Prima Marketing Jubilee Collection -wooden embellishments - rocking horse 569914
Prima Marketing Flowers - Allstar Collection 570835
Prima Marketing Flowers - Primmers Collection -558383
Prima Marketing  - Delight Collection brads 950903
floral berries
Martha Stewart - Doily Lace edge punch
ink
wooden box
button
trim
yarn

4 comments:

  1. I love both of these sweet and adorable baby gifts! The canvas is so beautiful and eye catching! The little box is so perfect and all the sweet embellishments! Congratulations for being the guest designer. You did an outstanding job!
    Hugs - Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful baby canvases and love the gorgeous container too..

    ReplyDelete