Sunday, March 24, 2013

Vintage Rose Garden - Inkido


Happy Monday.  If Monday is not your favorite day of the week, then I offer you a wonderful bouquet of flowers Inkido style just to cheer you. 

Today I want to show you the wonderful stamp I received in addition to the gorgeous papers and embellishments.  

This is Vintage Rose Garden.   I received the most wonderful Inkido stamps in the mail and had to make them the focus of this project.  Gosh I love stamps and the Inkido stamps are magnificent. 

My wonderful image is from Magic Moonlight Free Images.  

Here are some of the Inkido products I used and a little tutorial to follow.





Step 1.  To create my vintage feel and look, I need to ink the edges of my background paper. I used Tim Holtz Antique Linen on the edges.  



Step 2.  I want to tone down the background paper a little so that my photo image and stamped images are more noticeable.  I use a sponge brush and paint little gesso lightly over my page.  I actually do this often when my background paper is "busier" than I prefer or than I need.  

Step 3.  If my gesso is  heavy or I applied too much, I will thin out by spraying some water right onto the page.  Then use my fingertips in a circular fashion to blend in and thin the gesso.   This technique also takes away any harsh lines created by the gesso - makes then soft and blended. 


Step 4.  Rip a piece of  Beautiful Memories Butterfly Border paper as a photo matte. 

Step 5.  Now to have fun with the Inkido stamps.  I stamped the Summar Collage K stamp onto cardstock and then colored with Distress markers - that's what I have available.  


Step 6.   Start building your layers and gluing them down.

Step 7.  Ink the edges of the paper flowers to give them some definition and make them look a little more aged.


Step 8.  Cut out some butterflies from the Beautiful Memories Butterfly Border paper.  As you are cutting, make sure to cut some butterfly antennas.  I will color my antennas in with a black marker.   


Step 9.  Complete with your favorite Inkido laces, trims, flowers , leaves, and decorative pins.  You can see the adorable little leaf pins in the following two photos that help complete my Inkido flower cluster.



Thanks a million for looking.  Stop by the Inkido blog to see how the other Design team members are using Inkido products. 

Supplies:
Inkido Cartas de Amor Collection - Satin Pink ( used in the background)
Inkido Beautiful Memories Collection - Butterfly Border SM12455
Inkido Stamp Sommar Collage K  STZ1657
Inkido Stick Pins - leaf
Inkido Paper flowers
Tim Holtz Distress Markers- Crushed Olive, Spun Sugar, Tumbled Glass, Antique Linen,
Lace
Gesso

1 comment: