Friday, March 8, 2013

Maja Design- Deer in the Yard

It's  Maja Design Day...what a wonderful Friday!

I took these photos in January as I caught a couple of deer in the yard.  How sweet they are.  Many of you are probably tired of the snow and winter, but they are too cute and needed to be scrapped....and that's why I reached for the Vintage Summer Basis collection.  Warm it up with my cool winter photos.  



Here you can see a little of the layers.

I accented my layout with chipboard from Blue Fern Studios.  The Organic Vine Corner was simply painted white and left sort of stark and cold like my page.

I also added a few pine cones that have been painted white.


I used a stamp with script on it to add more script in keeping with the look and feel of the layer using Vintage Summer Basic 1932 BA-531.  It’s the small gray layer under the photo with the typeset.

You can see more of the script stamp effects here. 

I used the McGill Starburst punch to make some snowflakes.  Nothing to flashy.
The sketch was #54 from Keeping the Best - Sketch Challenge by Natasha-Miss Bennet.
 I just enjoyed the sketch like crazy and was introduced to the sketch by my friend who designs for Keeping the Best, Joyce Lawrence.
Here is the sketch:

Thanks for looking here and stopping by.    Remember that Maja Design has it's mood board challenge each month and this month is a beauty!  You should see what the design team did with these colors.   Click on the photo to take a look.


One last reminder.  If you want to be able to buy these papers at your favorite on-line store, please send them a quick email and ask them to carry Maja Design.


Supplies:
Maja Design -Vintage Summer Basic 1946 BA-516  Background Paper Layer
Maja Design -Vintage Summer Basic 1943 BA-513 Blue Layer
Maja Design -Vintage Summer Basic 1932 BA-531- Small Strip
Maja Design -Vintage Summer Basic 1904 BA-527 - Snowflakes
Blue Fern Organic Vine Corner -Large 074622
Prima StaticMask - 12x12 564797
Stampabilities Le London Stamp - Script
Archival Ink - Coffee
Lindy's Stamp Gang -Frosted Forget Me Not
Gesso/ misc pine cones and floral berries

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous take on the sketch and I really love those photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Jennifer. You always have the best earthy, natural photos to scrap with. These colors are so pretty together. Great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning and so surreal! Love the colors and background work! I keep hoping you'll do a tutorial on one of your backgrounds so I can see the process while you work your magic. Love what your use of the sketch- hope you'll join us sometime.

    ReplyDelete