Thursday, January 3, 2013

Blue Fern Studios - The Floral Clock


Let's talk about Blue Fern Studio.  
This is a brand new paper crafting company offering unique and delicate chipboard made in the US.  

Best wishes to Blue Fern Studios and the faces behind Blue Fern (Leslie Kammerdiener and Michele Singh) a future with overwhelming success.  Congratulations on the launch of this wonderful, elegant new product line.  May your wildest dreams come true.

I am over the moon excited about designing for Blue Fern Studios.   I am humbled, honored and thankful for this opportunity.  I look forward to watching Blue Fern shoot to the top of the paper crafting world and helping in that endeavor as much as I can.

This is my first piece created for Blue Fern Studios. 


Angels:

This is a piece I created using the Floral Clock, which is shown below.  It is truly an exquisite piece whether used as a clock form, delicate frame or accent piece.   I opted to use as a frame for my little cherub.  It has a very similar pattern as the ornate cupcake wrapper that is underneath the cherubs.


Floral Clock 074684

Now a little about this piece.  I love a fascinating bargain that can be used in my scrapping.  I found the cupcake wrappers in a big name hobby store in the clearance bin... yeah!   I think they were a bomb of a product in the baking industry, but in scrapping -  ohhhhhh my, so pretty.   

The beautiful Blue Fern Floral Clock has the same intricate scroll work so it was the perfect choice for me. 

I painted it with a whole bunch of Adirondack acrylic paints - first in Sandal, then dabbed some Snow Cap white here and there, followed by some Lemonade Yellow, a little turquoise paint and finally completed with Adirondack Gold.  



I have mounted my cherubs on some 1/4 inch thick cardboard so that the layout has some dimension.  rarely do I bother with pop dots anymore. 

My background paper was a bit of a mistake that I took out of the garbage. It was some test paper for mists used on a different project.  I pulled out a bunch of bottles of different mists and sprayed them in vain trying to find that color I needed last week.   It was aggravating last week but this week it's all good. 

 I stamped some script on the page to add some filler in Tim Holtz Peacock and  memory Ink Chestnut.   I also used the fun new stamps by 3rd Eye called Cardiogram.  Love those stamps by Drycha -super fun.




This is an example of the cupcake wrapper I am talking about.  Please note those are NOT my cupcakes.  If they were, most of the frosting would be licked off.  I love sugar.  hahaha  PLUS the other reason they could NOT possibly be my cupcakes is that my wrappers are too busy being used on my scrap art and not  on my baking.  

Below is a great view of the stamp by 3rd Eye - the Cardiogram.


Thanks so very much for  looking today.  Stop back daily to see what the rest of the Design Team has dreamed up for you.  The Blue Fern Studios products are utterly amazing and will inspire you in unthinkable ways.
Keep checking the Blue Fern blog as well as the designers blogs to find out how you can get your hands on some amazing chipboard.


Supplies:
• Blue Fern Studios - Floral Clock
• 3rd Eye Stamps - Cardiogram
• Memory Ink chestnut
• Jacquard Neo Opaque Acrylic Turquoise #585
• Fireworks London Fog
• Stampabilities - Le London Script Stamp
• Ranger Ink - Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber -Lemonade, sandal, Snow Cap, Gold, Sandal
• Donna Salazar Mixd media Inx - Vintage, Honey
• Ranger Ink - Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber - Earthtones - Snow Cap 
• Lindy's Stamp Gang - Starburst Spray  - Edelweiss Moss Green, Creme Brulee Cream 
• Martha Stewart Crafts - Punch Around the Page - Swirling Lace 
• Martha Stewart Crafts - Punch Around the Page -  Wild Flowers
• Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Stain - Tumbled Glass 
• Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Ink Pads - Peacock Feathers 
• Prima - Ingvild Bolme - Chalk Fluid Edger - Worn Jeans



5 comments:

  1. Stunning creation indeed...love every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning!! Your details are just amazing! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again a beautiful LO, I love all the details!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowwwwwwww gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!! Good thing you saved your "mistake" to be used another day!!

    ReplyDelete