Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Home Decor Pumpkin Featured on Ustream



Pumpkin Season Is Upon Us

Pumpkin Season and Ustream!   I am hosting Ustream this week and will be recreating this pumpkin!

Stop by and watch the fun.  In time for Halloween and Thanksgiving decorating.  Wednesday at 9:00pm est for one hour of Uni-fun!




Flying Unicorn welcomes Autumn and what better way to celebrate than pumpkins.  
 Included in each main Your Passion Your Art kit is always an "Off the page " project to alter and decorate.  October's "Your Passion Your Art"   had a Darice paper mache pumpkin.  

 really had to sit down and contemplate this project and which direction I wanted to take it.  But then I went shopping to a home decor store and the decision was made for me.  They had some cool burlap  pumpkins that I really liked.  I decided to give it a whirl.  

I attached the burlap using spray adhesive.  I found it was easier to apply the burlap than with using gooey glue that could seep through the burlap holes.  I did have to add some extra burlap at the stem and make it longer. The stem was small to begin with - and after I glued all the burlap to it, it disappeared - which is why I needed to make the stem longer. 

I wrapped the pumpkin with jute to give the pumpkin it's shape back.  After that, I decorated it with all my wonderful Prima goodies, some flowers, the new trim and some leave vines. 

I added some new Prima leaves and flowers from the Victorian Xmas collection.  And of course I had to add some raffia to give it a touch of country. Plus I have the biggest bag of raffia on the planet that I mail ordered -thought I was buying a small bag and ended with a crazy size.   Gotta use that stuff up one project at a time. 


yeah is this not crazy?  


That gold lace trim is Prima's new Memory Hardware Rocquencourt Doily Lace - from Frank Garcia. Gorgeous.  I need more.


When your flowers aren't the right color, just add some mist.  That's what I did here.  I sprayed them with Prima Color Bloom in Tangerine.



Did You Miss Out On Oct's Kits?  Never Miss A Kit Again
If you missed out on Oct's kits for any reason and want to make sure you never miss out again, then plan to exercise the Pre-Order option.  This is available starting the 20th of each month.  You have 48 hours from that point to hit the "buy" button.

We provide you with previews of the kit so you can decide if it fits your style.  It also ships right out so you are the first to get your hands on that coveted kit.


Products Used:
Flying Unicorn Main Kit - Your Passion Your Art
Darice Paper Mache Pumpkin
Prima Frank Garcia Memory Hardware Rocquencourt Doily Lace 991043
Prima Art Ingredients Glass Beads Butter 961701
Prima Art Ingredients - Copper Micro Beads
Prima Color Bloom Mists - Tangerine
Prima  Color Bloom Mists - Gilded  573911
Prima Color Bloom Mists - Gold Foil 573805
Prima Color Bloom Mist - Antique Gold 573843
Prima Color Bloom Mist - Lime Wedge 573850
Prima Color Bloom Mist - Tea Stain 573836
Prima Flowers - Vines 578251
Prima Flowers - Victorian Christmas - Red Stockings  ( leaves)
Prima Flowers Vines - 577674
floral berries
raffia
burlap





Plan a day trip! Crops -Classes-Fun
926 North Monroe St   
Tallahassee, Florida
Tel: 850.270.6366 Toll Free 800.231.7119


 Thanks for stopping

1 comment:

  1. What a scrumptiously gorgeous project! I am so going to have to make one or two or three or .... of these.

    ReplyDelete