Oh Sew Beautiful Collection - from FabScraps
FabScraps has a wonderful and most unique product idea. When they issue a new collection, they also release coordinating chipboard pieces. As if that is not cool enough, FabScraps also creates matching die cuts for the chipboard pieces. In case you were wondering how I managed to get this wonderful dress form to be so perfectly covered.
Thank heaven I did not have to fussy cut this! FabScraps has done the fussy cutting for me. THANK YOU!
I have added some detailed instructions to the bottom of this post.
This is an 8x8 canvas board that has been covered with
The dress from chipboard has an elegant feel to it so I chose to make my project lacy and elegant and very feminine: lace, string pearls, flowers, Prima pearl flourishes - the works.
I added the words very simply by printing them on card stock and adhering them to the canvas using a matte gel medium. I find the matte gel medium holds the paper on the canvas and does not allow the edges of the paper to roll and curve.
FabScraps – Oh Sew Beautiful Collection – Inner Beauty
For This Project You Will Need
- FabScraps –Oh Sew Beautiful Collection –Vintage Buttons C68006 8x8 sheet
- FabScraps – Oh Sew Beautiful Industrial – Mannequin Chipboard DC68013
- FabScraps – Oh Sew Beautiful Collection – Journal Set Dies MC68001A
- Flowers - Prima Raelynn Ravishing 574796
- Resin Butterflies - Prima 891992
- Wide Lace Trim – 12 inches in length
- Pearl Flourish - Prima 529291
- Cardboard or foam dimension tape
- Gesso or white paint
- Button or Flair Button/brad - Prima Flair Button -Everyday Vintage 813369
- Glitter leaves
- Canvas board 8x8
- String pearls
1. Background Preparation:
2. Cut FabScraps Oh Sew Beautiful Collection Vintage Buttons C68006 into 8x8 square and apply to an 8x8 canvas ( use water and glue mixture of gel medium for best results and roll with a brayer to remove all ripples and bubbles )
3. Using a whitewash made form gesso or thinned white acrylic paint and a sponge, cover the FabScraps C68006 paper completely with a little heavier concentration on the center – to lighten the paper.
4. Choose piece from FabScraps - Oh Sew Beautiful – Journal Set Dies MC68001A that looks like rulers or measuring tapes. Cut one of the rulers out and back it with cardboard or foam dimension tape. Glue remaining piece to the canvas starting at the center. Then glue the dimensional ruler to the bottom of the the page. This adds interest to the canvas by introducing more dimension.
5. Chipboard Preparation
6. Cut FabScraps Oh Sew Beautiful – Mannequin Chipboard DC68013 – select the larger chipboard mannequin and cover with your choice of coordinating die cut from the FabScraps Oh Sew Beautiful Journal Set MC68001A.
7. Drape wide lace trim around the dress form and let loosely flow down and around the canvas, securing with glue here and there.
8. Embellishing and Finishing Touches:
9. Add pearl flourish to the canvas, draping slightly over the dress form and the lace.
10. I also added some string pearls to the bottom of the canvas, draped around the lace.
11. Add resin butterflies.
12. Complete with flowers, buttons, brads, flair buttons, and leaves as desired.