FabScraps Oh Sew Beautiful Collection
or Oh so Fab-ulous as I like to call it.
This collection is indeed beautiful but also has a wonderful clever assortment of FabScraps chipboard that compliments the collection. I decided to adorn mine with some vintage charm using lots of lace and gold embossing powder.
The chipboard pieces are just perfect - the little thimble and sewing bobbins. FabScraps has thought of it all.
If you scroll down, you'll find some simple step-by-step instructions as to how I made this project.
The scissors in the photo below are a combination of the chipboard from the collection with the stickers from the collection over the top. I love this little piece.
Come visit FabScraps on Facebook and LIKE them - to stay updated on all the newset releases.
FabScraps – Oh Sew Beautiful Collection – Hanger Chipboard Project
For This Project You Will Need
- FabScraps – Oh Sew Beautiful Industrial – Oh Sew Beautiful Chipboard Album DC68001
- FabScraps – Oh Sew Beautiful Collection – Dress Pattern paper C68007
- FabScraps – Oh Sew Beautiful Collection – Sewing Tags Stickers ST68002
- FabScraps – Oh Sew Beautiful Collection – Scissors and Thimble Stickers ST68001
- FabScraps – Oh Sew Beautiful Collection – Buttons paper –C68006
- FabScraps –Oh Sew Beautiful Collection –Floral Pattern paper C68002 (12x12 sheet) Top hanger part
- FabScraps – Filigree Embellishment - Old Metal Frames E6009
- String pearls
- Alphabet Stickers - Prima Tiny Aplhas 550165
- Gold trim and Wide Lace Trim – 18inches long
- Cardboard or foam dimension tape
- Brown Ink
- Doily Die - Prima 572785
- Gold embossing enamel , embossing ink and heat gun
- Yarn, thread, string
- Gold paint
1. Chipboard Hanger Preparation:
2. Using FabScraps Oh Sew Beautiful Collection Chipboard DC68001, cover the hanger using FabScraps Oh Sew Beautiful - Floral Pattern Paper C68002.
3. Ink edges of paper with brown ink.
4. Add gold trim to the bottom of the Hanger.
5. Use a gold doily or emboss or paint a doily gold. Cut to fit the center bottom section of the Hanger as a decorative fancy accent.
6. Top doily with Gold painted FabScraps Filigree Embellishment – Old Metal frame E6009. I painted gold to blend better.
7. Top Old Metal Frame with a button from your stash or cut one from FabScraps Oh Sew Pretty - Buttons paper C68006.
8. Add a little gold doily piece to the curved neck of the hanger.
9. Top the doily with a lace bow and ribbon.
10. Finish the hanger with a button from FabScraps Oh Sew Pretty - Buttons paper C68006.
11. Chipboard Bottom Preparation
12. Cover flat bottom chipboard piece with FabScraps Oh Sew Beautiful – Dress Pattern paper C68007.
13. Aligning at the bottom, cover the chipboard with wide lace. The lace I used was 3.5in wide.
14. Ink the edges of the chipboard.
15. Add gold trim to the top edge of the chipboard.
16. Chipboard Accent Pieces:
17. Thread spools – ink brown. Wind string, yarn, embroidery floss around them in different colors and keep about 6inches available to loosely drape on chipboard. Glue to page.
18. Scissors – paint gold and heat with heat gun while wet to make the paint bubble – adds texture. Using the stickers from FabScraps Oh Sew Beautiful – Scissors and Thimble Stickers pack ST68001, cut a scissors sticker to fit. I pieced mine together as it is not an exact fit. Glue to page.
19. Bobbins - paint gold and heat with heat gun while wet to make the paint bubble. Glue to page.
20. Finishing Touches:
21. Add thimble sticker from Scissors and Thimble Stickers pack ST68001 and Hook package from Sticker pack ST68002. Extra tip – I adhere the stickers to cardstock first to make the image pop better since the images are transparent.
22. Top with buttons from stash as well as buttons cut from with FabScraps Oh Sew Beautiful – Dress Pattern paper C68007.
23. Glue sting pearls on chipboard as desired.
24. Add small Alphabets to the top to create a title. Ink each letter to provide definition before gluing.
25. Connect the hanger and flat chipboard piece together with the clips provided in set.