FabScraps introduces the Retro Twist Collection
This collection is bold, colorful, dripping with movement and graphics. Absolutely fun to use in both masculine and feminine ways. Below is a sample of the paper collection. This collection also has a full array of accompanying chipboard pieces.
Using the butterfly graphics as the focal point, I created a little decorated treat tin out of an old peanut canister. I ate the peanuts, but you can leave them in the tin and give that as a little gift as well.
I had a small metal hinge that I glued to the underside of the butterfly below. This will keep it's wings still and in place, permanently bent as in flight.
Thanks for stopping for a look. Visit FabScraps blog and Facebook page for all the new releases.
For This Project You Will Need
- FabScraps Retro Twist Collection – Fantasy Flight paper C65005
- FabScraps – Retro Twist Collection –Fantasy Butterfly paper C66006
- Small tin ( I used a peanut tin)
- Edge punch
- floral berries
- Gold trim
- Red, burgundy assorted Fibers
- Olive green ribbon
- Red/Balck Ribbon
- Web weave trim
- Brown ink pad
- Small metal hinge - FabScraps Scalloped Metal Hinge
1. Tin Preparation - Bottom:
2. I used a small can that had peanuts as my tin. Paint the bottom of the tin with gesso to make the paper hold better.
3. Cut the paper FabScraps Retro Twist C65005 to size and glue around the tin.
4. Punch two strips of paper FabScraps Retro Twist –Fantasy Butterfly paper C65006. Ink the edges for definition. Glue the strips to the top and bottom of the tin.
5. Cut gold trim to size and glue trim to the top and bottom of the tin, making sure not leave the punched border showing.
6. Tie burgundy fibers around the top of the tin and glue the ends in place, draped down the side of the tin.
7. Tin Preparation - Top:
8. Paint does not really adhere well to plastic top so simply cut a paper circle from FabScraps Retro Twist –Fantasy Butterfly paper C65006 to size and glue to the top of the lid.
9. Glue gold trim to the top to finish off the lid.
10. Embellishing the Top:
11. Tie a large bow of green trim and glue to the top. Tie a smaller burgundy bow and glue to the green bow.
12. Fussy cut a large and small butterfly from FabScraps Retro Twist Collection –Fantasy Flight paper C65005 paper. Glue cardboard to the back of the butterflies to strengthen them.
13. Bend butterflies wings and glue butterflies to the top.
14. Tuck floral berries into the top,
15. Tuck green web weave trim to the top.
16. Finishing Touches to the bottom:
17. Cut a large butterfly from Fantasy Flight C65005 and back it with cardboard.
18. Glue a small metal hinge behind the butterfly and bend the hinge. This will keep the butterly’s wings nicely bent.
19. Cut some green web weave and glue to the side of tin.
20. Add floral berries.