Sunday, February 24, 2013

Vintage Canvas 2 - Inkido



Two More Vintage Canvas Projects
Here is my second project for Inkido - it's actually a continuation of a canvas set I created using the new collection, Inkido Beautiful Memories Collection.    This post shows number two and three to complete the mini canvas set. 

These all started off as white canvas, but after adding a layer of gesso, and some ink around the edges, it started to take shape as the vintage style piece I had envisioned.  

The top decorative piece is a Christmas ornament that I bought from clearance. 

I used the Inkido Beautiful Memories Collection, Beige Flowers paper as my inspiration for colors and style. It was really hard to pick with tag to use form the beautiful  Beige Flowers paper, because they are all so pretty.


In the photo below, you can see that I embellished the Inkido tag by adding some mini floral berries and  some flowers cut from the Inkido Butterflies and Borders


I used the Copper Metal Ornament and cut it in half to use as a vase.  I rubbed a little gold leaf wax over it to give it a nice rich golden glow to match my canvas topper.  I also wanted  to bring out the gold tones in the paper.  I wove some gold fibers around the piece to jazz it up a bit. 


Look at these gorgeous butterflies and borders?  This is the Butterflies  Borders.



Here are some of the other wonderful Inkido pieces I used.    

Vintage Canvas Three
This is the third Canvas of the set.  
Here are some of the wonderful Inkido products I used on this canvas:



I also used some little bronze Inkido butterfly charms and rubbed them with Rub N' Buff - Gold leaf, then topped with Inkido  rhinestones with Rub N Buff on them.


 Canvas Two Inkido  Products:

Inkido Beautiful Memories Collection - Beige Flowers
Inkido Beautiful Memories Collection -Butterflies Border
Inkido Mulberry Rose Mini Vanilla
Inkido Mulberry Cherry Blossoms - Green
Inkido Metal Ornament -Copper 1214
Canvas 4"x4"
Gesso
Rub N' Buff -gold leaf
Floral berry spray
Mixd Media Inx  - Peaches, Mossy. Vintage, Christmas Ornament for the top
Assorted Gold fibers

Canvas Three Inkido Products:

Inkido Beautiful Memories Collection -Butterflies Border
Inkido Beautiful Memories Collection - Beige Flowers
Inkido Mulberry Rose mini vanilla
Inkido Mulberry Cherry Blossom - Burgandy
Inkido Metal Ornament -Butterflies
Inkido Rhinstones - Light Green
Canvas 4"x4"
Gesso
Rub N' Buff -gold leaf
Mixd Media Inx  - Peaches, Mossy. Vintage

Assorted Gold fibers

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! These are just gorgeous!
    They would look amazing on my inspiration wall!!!
    Very unique and I love the Christmas ornament you added!

    Happy Crafting
    Tracie
    http://homeofthepurskey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete