Friday, February 8, 2013

Maja Design - Floral Girl


Today I want to show you what I created using Maja Design's most delicious collection, Ska Vi Ta En Fika?

This is what I created.  I call my layout  Floral Girl, because I am not so clever with names.  I guess the name is not as important to me as matching up the perfect colors and perfect papers with my image.   The Fika Collection was exactly what I needed to keep my piece delicate and subtle.




I thought I would play off of the flowers in the image so I used Ska Vi Ta En Fika - Soders Hojder ( floral paper strip) because I love the delicate flowers in the paper.  It flows from the image.
I used a paper doily and cut it apart, lightly inking the edges purple to pull out the purple in the paper.
I also added a little lime green netting  or tulle in my cluster and at the corner of my photo to add lightness and draw out the greens of the pear and green apple on the background paper. I did not want green to be an overwhelming color in the layout  yet I did not want to ignore it on the patterned paper either.  I  decided to address it with a little conversation that went a bit like this...(pretend I am talking to my papers)
"Yes pretty green color, I see you and I love you.   BUT today we will let purple be the spotlight color.  You, dear green, can be bold and beautiful some other day".


I added some accent floral beads and crinkled up some seam binding.  Then I painted some chipboard in a cream color.  I wanted my chipboard to be seen but not heard.  Make sense?  I want the focus piece to be the floral paper. It is really one gorgeous piece of paper.  Well, the whole collection is gorgeous.


Thank you for visiting today.  Check back often to see how the rest of the design team uses the wonderful Maja Design Collections.

Before I forget proper credits...image is from Magic Moonlight Free Images.  
Also don't forget about the Mood Board Challenge.  February's colors are wonderful and inspirational.  We are excited to see how you interpret the challenge.

FebruaryL


Ska Vi Ta En Fika - Favoriter ( background paper)
Ska Vi Ta En Fika - Soders Hojder ( floral paper strip)
Blue Fern Studios - Symphony Border 074530
Prima Shabby Chic Marvelle 891549
Mixd Media Inx -Wisteria
Paper doily
Tim Holtz - Walnut ink
Hug Snug Seam binding
Recollections Brand mulberry flowers
Gesso
Stampendous Embossing Ink and clear embossing power



1 comment:

  1. Since the Everton game, Saints have been away in Barcelona on a tattoo online warm weather training camp, getting away from the snow and away from FA Cup which we’ve retired from. Nothing remarkable about that really until you throw in the news that Don Cortese saw fit to give his first interview in about a year.

    ReplyDelete