Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Hoppy Easter Shaker Cards - Spellbinders Open House Collection

 


 Spellbinders Open House collection continues to be wildly popular which means more companion "add-ons" continue to be introduced. So much fun happening at the door step.

If you scroll down, I have a few tips to creating a simple and fabulous shaker card using tulle/netting.  

This wonderful spring bunny is the newest addition to the set. 




As I mentioned, it was originally intended to coordinate with the Open House base die set.  Here is the

Open House Door Base Etched Dies from the Open House Collection


I indulged the fun side of Spring and made a shaker card. The bunnies melt my heart but the flower petals really add that perfect touch to creating a blooming cool card. 

The shaker materials used are the newest Sprinkletz from Buttons Galore and More.  These sweet polymer clay embellishments are Buttons Galore and More Sprinkletz - Easter Mix. 
Here are some quick tips to making a shaker card. 
Shaker cards are easier than you think.  This card uses tulle/netting as the window. A roll of tulle is very inexpensive and is easy to use.  I actually like using tulle better than acrylic lately because it's such and easy medium to work with.  

Step 1.   Cut a second door frame to be used as the top layer of the shaker.  
I found it much easier to tape the door frame together first before adding the double sided tape ( 1/8" White Liner Tape).

The double sided tape needs to be placed on all sides of the door frame - with no gaps ( or the shaker material will fall out from the card).


Step 2.   Add a piece of tullle/netting big enough to cover the entire door.  

Step 3.   Place Foam Tape all around the door frame - leaving no gaps for shaker material to fall out. 

Step 4.   Add the shaker material.  Adhere to the card.    
  







Here's the coolest thing about the Open House Spring Dies from the Open House Spring Collection...it it words as a wonderful "stand-alone" die set for many occasions.  

Here is another card I created using this set: Chocolate bunnies and sunflowers...a few of my favorite things. You can find this card here.  

Thanks for stopping here today.  Happy crafting. 

Shop Here: 



2 comments:

  1. Instant pin and serious love here! This is sincerely one of the cutest, sweetest and most creatively charming Easter greetings I have ever laid eyes on.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer! I'm so behind with comments online due to numerous reasons; one of them being that I don't always see your posts. So I came to your blog to see what you've been up to! These Easter cards are adorable and I must say I really like the idea of using tulle instead of acrylic! I actually have tulle in several colors; not just white. I'll definitely give this a try on a shaker in the future! Thanks for all the great tips. Hope all is well with you! Lisa

    ReplyDelete