Sunday, September 19, 2021

Winter Pinecone Cards - Spellbinders Susan Tierney-Cockburn ( Video)

 


Seasonal Pine Cone Cards - Spellbinders 

 I'm getting a start on the winter season and trying to focus on cards that have a stronger feel to them - something I can send my sons who live in Colorado.  While they appreciate getting cards from mom, it's nice to not have a ton of flowers and lace on them.  

  Spellbinders new floral collection by Susan Tierney-Cockburn has a fabulous pinecone die that makes a beautiful card that easily stands alone as the strong focal feature.  Wait....I just said no florals please.  So just stay with me here.  I started this post saying I didn't want flowers and yet I'm talking about a floral collection.  

Scroll down for a quick  video tutorial from Spellbinders  showing how easy it is to create your own DIY pinecones. 


 Pine Cone and Evergreen Bough with Ladybugs Etched Dies from Susan's Holiday Flora Collection by Susan Tierney-Cockburn


I made two cards from the collection - one with snow and one without.  My husband prefers the snow covered card and I prefer the one without snow. 


Spellbinders DIY Video Instructions
Here is a quick video from Spellbinders.  


The paper collection used in this card is from Maja design in Sweden.   The paper I chose for this card is from Maja Design's "Winter is Coming" Collection and coordinating Monochrome collection, "Shades of Winter"






1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the serene energy and earthy colour palette at work here. Truly lovely holiday season greetings.

    Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete