Sunday, February 28, 2021

Dog Paws Home Decor - With Shaker


Hello friends.  Jennifer Snyder here with some dog-gone adorable DIY home decor.  

Creative Embellishments has an amazing assortment of wood DIY home decor designs to inspire you and get you in a decorating mood.   There are seasonal favs as well as whimsical and classic designs, from gnomes to angel wings.  

My choice today is the Paw   with paw pad pieces for layering.  

 

Quick Instructions: 

I created an acrylic paint wash using watered down acrylic paint then lightly applied the wash to the wood.  I did this because I did not want the engraved details to get covered by thick acrylic paint.  The sea sponge allows easy and quick application of the wash in my opinion. 


Inked edges add depth and richness.  I used Ground Espresso Distress Ink.  

I covered the paw pad pieces and inked the edges.  

Now time for decorating and adding special touches.  I used two accenting features: Dog Shaker Set and Friends Fur Ever chipboard set with sweet little paw prints. 

Both pieces were painted with acrylic paint, then accented with the Ground Espresso Distress Stain used above.  Once dry, I topped with Range "Crackle Accents", added some sequins and beads (from the shaker mix) to the wet Crackle Accents and set aside to dry. 






The shaker mix selected is from Buttons Galore and is called Mermaid Lagoon, a fun combination of beads, heart shaped sequins and an assortment of buttons.  

The shaker mix compliments the paper choice perfectly:  Authentique's Purebred 12x12 and 6x6 paper collections.  

Thanks for stopping here to visit.  

1 comment:

  1. Splendidly pretty project. I'd adore this charming paw no matter what, but can't help but love it all the more being a dog owner myself.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete