Friday, May 1, 2020

Coffee Because Adulting is Hard - Shaker Home Decor

Coffee to shake things up 


Hello crafty friends. Need a coffee break?  Time to shake things up a bit.  Today I'm here to share my coffee lovers DIY canvas home decor.

 Made for the Creative Embellishments May challenge, the Coffee Because chipboard sentiment captures the heart of many coffee lovers.  Coffee First...then let the creativity start flowing.  

Above is the inspirational image for May's challenge and the twist this month is to add numbers.  As always, it's yours to interpret creatively.  

My take on the challenge board was the colors, and the way  creativity flows from a source.  The source for me would be coffee.  The twist this month is to add numbers.  I stamped numbers on the canvas but my magic number is three.  I printed a sentiment from my computer, cut it out and glued it to the inside of the coffee cup: 
It’s looking like
   a “3 cup”
    Kind of morning

Here are the chippies I used on the canvas today.  If you haven't checked out the fun shakers from Creative Embellishments, I encourage you to shake on over to the store and check a few out.    
******************************************************************************** 


I added a Creative Embellishments - Coffee Shaker to the canvas because its such an adorable design and perfect for the chipboard sentiment.  

I kept all the chipboard elements very simple and basic by inking with Espresso colored ink. 



The shaker Mix

Ahhhhhhhh....sip.......now for the shaker mix.  I used Buttons Galore - Coffee sequin mix.  Perfect, wouldn't you say?    I also used the coffee sequin mix around the canvas as an accent texture and embellishment. 


I used a simple 5"x7" canvas board for this piece.  
I coated it with gesso to help make the ink blend better.  Next, I started blending inks using Broad Blending brushes because they create a smooth absolutely perfect blend.  

Stamping comes next - and I used my favorite rich brown stamping ink -  Cocoa Powder True Color Ink Pad - because I find the color and coverage is always reliable. 

Last step is to add the Buttons Galore - Coffee Sequin Mix using a gel medium to hold the sequins in place.  The gel dries clear and really grabs the sequins. 

*********************************************************************************

*********************************************************************************


Thanks for stopping here today. 
    Please consider joining the challenge at Creative Embellishments this month.  It's fun and no pressure crafting - the way it should be.  


Shop Here:
******************************************************************************** 

******************************************************************************** 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer, I linked across from the CE blog, because, well... COFFEE <3
    I love your project and I'm really keen to try something like that. Pinning your post for future inspiration, THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete