Thursday, July 19, 2018

Christmas In July - Mixed Media Canvas Home Decor


Let's celebrate Christmas in July.  
I'm sure many folks would agree that Christmas themed projects are fun to create year round.  

Creative Embellishments has a gigantic and amazing selection of Christmas and Holiday chipboard pieces to help gussy up any holiday project.    Included in the collection is an adorable snowman from the Mr. and  Mrs. Snowman set.   And I totally adore snowmen especially when no real snow is involved. 

These are the Creative Embellishments chipboard pieces I used on the mixed media home decor canvas:

These started out as two separate 5x7 canvases and were hinged together in order to sit on a tabletop.

I smothered and slathered heavy molding paste all over the canvas to create a wintery frosty look.  
Before the paste dried, I pressed the chipboard words  - joy and peace -into place so the could be flat on the canvas.   These words are from 

Then I waited patiently for this to dry.  Quite possibly the hardest part of any project.  
 I'm going to talk a little about the sweet snowman.  
He's part of  the Creative Embellishments Mr. and Mrs. Snowman chipboard set.  Trust me - Mrs. Snowman is equally adorable.  Save her for another project or for a holiday card.  

I used a sponge to lightly dab white acrylic paint onto the chipboard piece - making sure I didn't have the piece totally covered in paint.  I like how the snowman looks with a bit of kraft color from the chipboard peaking through.  

It also helps to blend the untreated chipboard words into the finished decor piece. 

I also added some red trim to the back of the chipboard piece to give the scarf a bold  pop of color while maintaining the cool details of of the scarf. 




The snowflake was also lightly sponge dabbed with white acrylic paint.  These are part of Creative Embellishments Large Snowflake Set.

Thanks for stopping by and joining me for Summer in July.  



2 comments: