Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Seaside Summertime Card with Maja Design


I'm here to share a card I made for my sister.  My husband and I adore the ocean and beach.  Each summer, my sister kindly lets us stay at her vacation home in Florida near the ocean.  This is my "thank you" to her for opening her vacation home to us.  
 My card features the Summertime collection by Maja Design - especially the die cut sheet.  Look how darling the image is?  


 I embellished the card with some die cuts of my own from Spellbinders and Joy Crafts in a nautical theme.

Because I used the sweet image from the die set, no need to add many other embellishments.  I let the papers do most of my "talking".  



Thanks so much for stopping here to visit.   You can use the helpful Store Finder link to shop for your Maja Design collections.  The link can be found here



Products Used:

Maja Design Summertime Collection

Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Faded Jeans and Vintage Photo
Cheese Cloth
Jute String

Starfish Die: Joy! Crafts Cut & Emboss Die-Starfish/2 Shells, To 2.125"

Seahorse and Sand Dollar  - Spellbinders Die D-Lites Seahorse & Sand Dollar Etched Dies

Frame Die: Spellbinders - Nestabilities Collection - Die - Card Creator - A2 Valiant Honor

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer, I'm having a lovely evening looking through the amazing blogs of yourself and the other Maja team members. What an amazing blend of styles you all have, I've been learning so much. May I just ask you what the main die was that you used on this card. Your description mentions Spellbinders and Joy crafts, but I haven't yet been able to locate it. It looks to be such a useful shape, I'd love to track it down please. If you can help me, I'd really appreciate your time and trouble.
    Many many thanks, and hoping that heaps of inspiration will continue to come your way,
    Crafty hugs, Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy - thanks so much for the sweet comment as well as the question. I added the product list to the post. You are very kind to ask! I hope that helps in your search

    ReplyDelete