Saturday, June 6, 2015

Prima Garden Fable Canvas



  Prima's Garden Fable  Collection
You can see the original Prima post here

This collection may very well be the most versatile collection Prima has made.  The colors range from soft and tranquil to happy, bold and playful.    I've done the soft and tranquil route on a recent card I made for Prima as shown below.  You can see  the full post here with close ups.



For this post, however, I decided to step out to a place I seldom go....the land of bold color. Why?  Because the colors and graphics on this collection are gorgeous, fun and make me smile.  They feel totally happy.  I thought I'd work with the bold colors and make a canvas - paring Prima's fun Color Blooms Mists and Watercolor Pencils with the collection.

I also felt the tags and journal cards on this collection were really amazing and I wanted to utilize them. The background of the canvas was created using Prima's Color Bloom Mists in Boysenberry and Gilded.  The Gilded adds that gorgeous orange touch.  I also added a bit more color using the Prima watercolor pencils.  They work so nicely on canvas. 

Here are my tips and techniques:
I also accented with Prima's micro beads.  They have been attached to the canvas with Soft Gel Medium.   I simply paint the gel medium on and sprinkle  the micro beads on while the gel is wet.  this acts like a wonderful adhesive. 



Thanks so much for sharing a moment with me.  
Prima Products:
579371 Prima Garden Fable SIIC
847333 Prima Garden Fable -A4  Paper Pad
579319 Prima Garden Fable -Brads
579500 Prima Garden Fable - Tag Me
578954  Prima Garden Fable - 3x4 Note Cards
580421 Prima Watercolor Brush Pen
580278 Prima Color Bloom Mists - Boysenberry
573911 Prima Color Bloom Mists - Gilded
990343 Prima Memory Hardware
961428 Prima Art Basics -Soft Matte Gel
962579 Prima Art Ingredients Micro Beads - Copper
582319 Prima Bedtime Story  - Flowers Lizzy
576721 Prima Watercolor Pencils - Spring and Fall
576714 Prima Watercolor Pencils -Basics

5 comments:

  1. Love, love, love!!! The colors are fun, awesome and are so meaningful to me! You will be missed from Prima, but so glad I still can keep up with your on Flying Unicorn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you will be missed by Prima - but I bet you stay in touch with all your friends! And, I know I'll still get to see your wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always enjoy visiting your blog and what beautiful Prima creations!!!! See you on the ustream for Flying Unicorn :)

    ReplyDelete