Friday, March 4, 2016

Spring Is Almost Here Layout with Lemoncraft and 2Crafty Chipboard



Lemoncraft Forget-Me -Not Collection Paired with 2Crafty Chipboard

I'm here today to share some projects made using the beautiful Forget -Me-Not collection from Lemoncraft.  Spring is on it's way and this collection makes me feel like celebrating Spring. You can find Lemoncraft in the Flying Unicorn Store right here

I paired the lovely LemonCraft with some wonderful 2Crafty chipboard pieces.  

I took this photo of my family and thought it needed some delicate papers.  Forget-Me-Not was the perfect choice.  I added some additional stenciling, flowers and chipboard as finishing touches. 

I used the wonderful journal tags from the collection as accent pieces on the page.  


I used some chipboard pieces from 2Crafty to help accent this layout.  You can find a selection of 2Crafty chipboard at the Flying Unicorn Store.

  • Mixed Buttons m00425
  • 2Crafty Chipboard -Sakura Flowers
  • 2Crafty Chipboard -Cartia Swirl m00347





 Here's how I made the chipboard flowers
Step 1.  Emboss -  I embossed the flowers with white embossing powder.  I embossed the flower centers with light teal and set aside.

Step 2.  Separate the Layers - Chipboard is layer upon layer of cardboard.  If you add a bit of water to the chipboard, you can get the layers to separate.  That's' what I did here.  I misted the chipboard lightly with water  - very lightly.  I used tweezers to separate the layers and lift them, keeping the center attached.   Then I heat dried them while to stay raised and dimensional.

Step 3.  Assembling the Flower -  I colored the petals white with a Sharpie.  Paint would have been ok too but my Sharpie was very quick.  Add a punch for the center, and then the chipboard center.  Top with a small rose or flower.



Step 4.  Finishing Touches - I used a brown ink pad to give the chipboard flower some accents.  I actually used Distress Ink in Vintage Photo
Here are a few more close ups  of the finished chipboard flower before I move to the card.  





Lemoncraft Card
Now to show you the card I made with the same gorgeous Forget-Me-Not collection.  This is a collection that can be used for so many occasions.   This is a card that features the beautiful journal tags from the collection.  

You can find Lemoncraft in the Flying Unicorn Store right here
I tucked some pretty green gingham washi tape into the card as well to bring out the greens in the tag. 



The journal tags are so easy to use and look beautiful when mixed with the papers from the Forget-Me-Not collection.  

 Thank you for stopping by! 


Products
 Find Lemoncraft  right here
Lemoncraft  Forget-Me-Not Collection 02 P0030 (Layout)
Lemoncraft  Forget-Me-Not Collection 06 P0034(Layout)
Lemoncraft  Forget-Me-Not Collection 01 P0029(Layout)
Lemoncraft  Forget-Me-Not Collection 04 ( Card )
Trendy Washi Tape - Green Checkers
Clearsnap Mixd Media Inx -Patina, Blue Jay, Verdigris
American Decor Stencil 12x12 Old French Script
Lace trim
Embossing Liquid
Embossing Powder - White and  Lindy's Teal
Clear Gesso
Kaisercraft Mini Blooms Teal F649
Petaloo Canterbury Rose Teal 1822308
McGill Punch - Starburst
2Crafty Chipboard - Mixed Buttons m00425 (selection of 2Craft here)
2Crafty Chipboard -Sakura Flowers(selection of 2Craft here)
2Crafty Chipboard -Cartia Swirl m00347(selection of 2Craft here)
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout and card! Love the photos of everything and the chipboard flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout and card! Thank you for sharing the process of making the chipboard flowers...very cool! Love the Lemoncraft papers and beautiful photo. Such wonderful details everywhere you look! Love it!
    Jenelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer - what a gorgeous page and paper. And, the photo is wonderful. Your card is beautiful and elegant.

    ReplyDelete