Thursday, June 25, 2015

Blitsy - Stenciled Star Cards - One Card - Three Looks





Stenciling with Heavy Gesso 

With July 4th just days away, it's time to kick the celebration into gear.  

I am on the Blitsy blog today demonstrating how easy it is to use heavy gesso with stencils. With the increased popularity of mixed media being combined with papercraft, it's time to show everyone how much fun heavy gesso can be. 

I know many of you are seasoned stenciling pros and have been using these molding paste mediums for some time now.  BUT I'll tell you why I prefer heavy gesso instead of molding paste.  Molding paste and I have sort of parted ways.  I have welcomed it's cousin, heavy gesso into my home.  

This card also easily transitions from flat to fat.  Many folks (including myself) love to be able to pop a card in the mail and have it fit comfortably in the envelope.   There are other times when I can hand deliver my card and do not mind it being thicker and more dimensional - embellished. 

There's a super short video on the Blisty blog that will take you through all the steps.  


So hop on over to the Blitsy blog for more detailed photos and the quick video.  


2 comments:

  1. So Cute!!!! Great timing on these great ideas for the upcoming 4th! I have family that will not be able to come home so a great holiday card to send our love will be perfect....perfectly inspired by you girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cards are so very pretty, Jen, festive and the perfect colors - red/white & blue!

    ReplyDelete