Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I'm On the "Watch List" at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration


This is the first time I can say I've been thrilled to be "watched" and under surveillance.  

I'm On the "Watch List" at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration for Case File #1. This is a fun, innovative new color challenge with a few twists added. Here is the color palette and particulars.   You need to incorporate two elements from the evidence list and one from the testimony list. 
 I created this reverse canvas with the challenge palette in mind, using the Scraps Of Darkness Jan Kit - Escape. This is my "Fly From The Nest"  canvas that features my baby bird photo.  






Here is a recap of the accompanying story:
 My quote:  "Grant me the strength, wisdom and courage to enable my children to leave the nest well prepared."

My husband suggested I stop the quote at the "leave the nest part" - no need to continue - just get the kids out someday.   He's such a kidder that one is!  

Anyway, a little story about this photo:

 Summer 2010 I placed a hanging geranium planter from my front  porch.  A  mama bird proceeded to think this hanging plant was a dang cool place for a nest - nice homey feel I guess. 

Only one egg hatched and I was officially a grandma.  Proud moment for me!   In order for me to see down into the nest, I had to hop on a step stool.   Every morning before work, every evening after dinner, out came the step stool. 

A few weeks went by and I watched the baby grow and listened to his mommy holler sassy chirping words at me when I peered at her baby.

We were leaving on a vacation and I had a sense that when we came back, baby and mama would be long gone so I hopped on the step stool with my Nikon and clicked some bragging baby photos.   

Next morning after coffee, I grabbed my step and went to check up on Junior.  Mama was no where to be seen or heard - hmmmm that was very strange indeed.  Junior was standing on the edge of the planter in a pensive position.  Then he looked at me as if to say, "Thanks Granny" and he made his first leap of faith that sent him soaring away forever.  Bye Bye Birdie!

Now don't be getting all excited on me....I still have a few teens left at home so my hubby and I are not empty nesters yet - but I do know this particular  nest is empty. 

For a brief few weeks, I had me a sweet lil grandbaby of sorts.  All you grandparents out there, hug and enjoy your little people because it's only a matter of time before they grow and fly the coop, just like Junior.

This reverse canvas is a hope and a prayer that I do my very best to prepare my kids and teach them well. 



You can find the rest of the "suspects" and their creations here at CSI: Color,Stories, Inspiration  .
Thanks for looking and have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

  1. that canvas is just GORGEOUS Jen!!!!! love every little detail! awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is breath taking. I also enjoyed the shabby scrubs video. Thank you for sharing..

    ReplyDelete