Friday, September 18, 2015

Lovely in Pink - Girl Layout



Lovely In Pink  Layout

I created this pink layout for my two lovely nieces.  The BoBunny Juliet collection from the Sept. Flying Unicorns kit, Your Passion Your Art, has a wonderful elegance to it - so I kept this layout basic and simple.  A little stenciling, beads and heavy gesso, and  some chipboard pieces from 2Crafty, and my little lovelies.  

The beads were adhered using soft gel medium from Prima.  The stenciling was done with heavy gesso and the "weaving" stencil by Finnabair.  I prefer heavy gesso because it is super thick and tends to stay white and does not take on a yellow cast or transparent look when it dries.

The 2Crafty chipboard pieces used were:"checkerboard clumps", "Freda's Butterflies", " mini word set 2".  I painted them with white acrylic and dabbed them with glitter.  I wanted to try and match the look of the photo to the chipboard.  

The little gals are my nieces. I took this photo a few years ago.






Did you miss the Flying Unicorns Sept kit?  No worries.  Yes, they do sell out super fast but you can avoid all the frustration by using the pre-sale option.  This option is available the 20th of every month for 48 hours ONLY.  Flying Unicorns provides a preview of the upcoming kit.  With this preview, you can decide if the tone and color of the kit are something you'd like to use. 


Supplies:
Flying Unicorns Sept Kit
2Crafty Chipboard "checkerboard clumps", "Freda's Butterflies", " mini word set 2"
BoBunny Juliet Collection
Prima Stencil
Prima Finnabair Art Ingredients- glass beads -Rum
Prima Super Heavy Gesso - white
Prima FlowersPrima Flowers 566838
Bo Bunny Noteworthy Diecuts - Juliet collection
Prima Stencil by Finnabair Weaving 962333
Raffia



2 comments:

  1. I love your beautiful page, Jen! Pretty colors, flowers and textures!! I'm glad your sweet hubby is doing better!

    ReplyDelete