Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Prima Halloween with the Anna Marie Collection


You can see this project at the Prima Marketing blog, here

Halloween with Anna Marie - When I was a young girl, I would dress as a witch each year for Halloween, black hat and black dress.  Not very creative, I know, but simple.  I decided to take the beautiful, sweet Anna Marie collection and transform it into something spooky- to me this symbolizes the fun of trick'o'treat night.   The one night of the year that sweet little girls can transform into something different.

I started off with a plain paper mache hat from Darice that stands about 10 inches tall.  I covered in Anna Marie paper. I  added Prima stenciling to the brim of the hat in black embossing paste.  

Glued some black tulle trim to the edge of the hat and started to layer my embellishments.

I punched a hat band from Prima's All About Me collection - "Write Me" paper and topped it with some green tulle, green Web Weave trim and then black cheesecloth.   

A midst the Prima floral cluster, the button type shapes are Prima Mechanicals Vintage Center metal pieces.   I used a copper rub over them from Viva.


Here is a good shot of the Prima Mechanicals and the Viva Inca Gold copper rub that was used on the metal piece. The copper rub creates a wonderful effect on the metal.

Thanks so much for stopping.  

Prima Supplies:
846305 Prima Anna Marie Collection -Anna Marie paper
570477 Prima Anna Marie Sugar Dots 
890995 Ingvild Bolme Chalk Ink - Black Coal 
561482 Prima Flowers - Serenade (Orange) 
971120 Prima All About Me Collection - "Write Me" paper
570675 Prima Flowers - Anna Marie


Other:
Splash of Color  Silks Acrylic glaze - Pretty Peridot
Splash of Color Silks Actylic glaze - Coral Berry
Studio 490 Wendy Vecchi Black Embossing Paste
Lindy's Stamp Gang Embossing Powder - Spring Leaf Green
Darice Paper Mache Witch Hat
Martha Stewart Edge Punch - Eyelet Lace
Black tulle
Dusty Attic Chipboard - French Flourish Border DA0275
black cheese cloth
green tulle
feather

1 comment: