Saturday, October 3, 2015

World Card Making Day!



World Card Making Day!  Here are a few options

Prima Wood Foil Embellishments
( You can see the Prima post here)

Today I am celebrating World Card Day with a revisit from one of my favorite cards.  The main embellishment is a wood foil piece from Prima. 

I wanted to create a card that reminded me of a fancy box of chocolates - perhaps one from a vintage era, with rich reds and golds. A card that can even double for a holiday card.   The foil wood embellishments were perfect for the look I was trying to achieve.

The wood has a warm tone with a bit of finish on it.  The gold just radiates on the embellishments.    Ahhhh - you know how photos are - they never do the piece justice. 

I rolled a few rosebuds to compliment the greens/chartreuse of the Prima flowers.

The burlap heart in the background?  Well, that was a gift from my friend and crafter,  Lisa Swift.  She had a scrapping day at her house with some other local scrappers  and she handed us each a gift bag.  This was in it - perfect for my card. 


Thanks for looking.    I appreciate you.

  Cards Using Watercolor Pencils

( You can find the post at Prima here)
If you have never tried watercolor pencils, now's the time to give them a whirl.  They are super easy to use and can create dramatic results.  I tend to migrate toward the light colors so I used the Soft Neutrals box of pencils but you can be as bold as you would like.

I thought I would try the watercolor pencils on  Julie Nutting's wood dolls.  They worked like champs providing me with control over the area I was coloring without  the wood bleeding and running. They also are great for adding color accents to flowers.

I also colored the Everyday Vintage journal card with some blush  colors.

So here are a few quick easy ways to use the watercolor pencils by Prima:
1.  On wood - they work nicely on wood because they do not bleed with the grain of the wood.
2. On paper flowers - use the watercolor pencils to add accents to flowers for a custom look.
3. On journal cards - I enhanced the paper journal card to match my wood doll.


Cards Using Faux Letter Press Techniques

Hello!  I am on the Blitsy  Blog page with a quick tutorial on a card I made.  This card features Darice Embossing Essentials Embossing Folders and Prima Marketing products and Tim Holtz Inks.  While this card has a warm Autumn theme, just grab a different Embossing Folder from Darice and you have a whole new look with amazing possibilities!

The beauty about this card is that your friends and family will think you worked on this card for hours, when in fact it's super quick.  





No comments:

Post a Comment